Homestuck Vol. 10
Cover art by Lexxy ().
View commentary page!
- (8:12) Creata by Seth Peelle
- (1:33) Train by Buzinkai
- (4:13) Of Gods and Witches by Tensei
- (5:11) Beatup by Clark Powell and Astro Kid
- (4:22) You Killed My Father (Prepare To Die) by Team Dogfight
- (3:26) Sound Judgement by Malcolm Brown
- (3:41) Aggrievocation by Mark Hadley
- (3:26) Stride by Kalibration
- (2:27) Skaian Overdrive by Thomas Ferkol
- (4:13) Freefall by Robert J! Lake
- (7:57) Moonsweater by David Ellis
- (1:13) Castle by Buzinkai
- (2:06) Skaian Happy Flight by Seth Peelle
- (3:14) Voidlight by Thomas Ferkol
- (4:13) Beatdown DX by Curt Blakeslee
- (5:06) Solar Voyage by Marcy Nabors
- (3:14) Feel (Alive) by Luke Benjamins and Robert J! Lake
- (5:16) Breeze by Erik Scheele
- (4:13) Starfall by Solatrus
- (6:12) Ascend by Tensei
- (3:51) Lilith in Starlight by Malcolm Brown
- (3:31) Thanks for Playing by Max Wright
- (9:10) Renewed Return by Marcy Nabors
- (4:02) THIS Pumpkin by Alex Rosetti
- (7:47) Conclude by Seth Peelle
Added to wiki 11/15/2019.
Robert J! Lake: (project manager)
This almost didn't happen.
As of release day, it's been exactly four full years since the last numbered Homestuck volume, with only one full album between then and now.
In fact, it's now actually been a longer time since the last numbered homestuck volume than the time between Homestuck beginning and it coming out. That's crazy, right?
Can you believe there was a time whne Homestuck albums were coming out every month?
Volume 10's been an open question since the moment Volume 9 got released. Every few months, the music team would talk about it, maybe float a song or two for it, then nothing. Which, you know. Process. Life happens. A lot of us went to college, maybe lost interest, moved on to making smash hit games, what have you. We splintered. Fans wondered if it'd ever happen. I've gotten messages about it basically ad infinitum over the past four years, and it's not helped by one-off mentions here and there teasing it endlessly.
People want to know what's up!
Well, finally, here it is. If Volume 9 is the culmination of over three years of musical evolution and growth for its musicians, Volume 10 is the reunion tour. For those of us returning, it's our chance to show how much better we got while we were gone (I think you'll agree we've improved quite a bit).
As for the new faces, I think their work speaks for itself.
This isn't only the tightest, most consistent, most listenable numbered volume we've done, it's the one we've put the most love into.
I hope you enjoy what I've spent the past few months wrangling together with some of the most talented people I know.
I present the final Homestuck Volume.
Marcy Nabors: (co-organizer, mastering engineer)
Homestuck Volume 10, the big 1-0!
I can only begin to describe what a personally significant moment it is to be releasing this album. Homestuck has been huge for me; the enthusiastic community and the countless friends it's helped me to meet, the sprawling fantastical expanse that is the comic itself, and perhaps most notably, the outrageous wealth of great music.
Almost six years ago, the Homestuck discography served as the push I needed to realize that I could chase my dreams in the world of independent music, and today I'm proud to call many of these immeasurably talented musicians some of my closest friends.
Putting this album together has been an absolute pleasure, and I think it's a fitting conclusion to this seven-year-long tradition of incredible creativity.
Enjoy the tunes!
Lexxy: (cover artist)
Homestuck will always hold a warm, nostalgic place in my heart, so despite drafting up a handful of concepts - from the graphic and representational to the tongue-in-cheek referential - I ultimately ended up going with the one that expressed that affection the most.