All Work and No Play
Read artist commentary.
Tracks that All Work and No Play references:
- Three in the Morning by Clark Powell
- The Ballad of Jack Noir by Toby Fox
- Double Midnight by Toby Fox
- Litrichean Rioghail by Malcolm Brown
- How Do I Live by Con Air and Diane Warren
Initially conceived as a funky tribute to the likes of Casiopea and Yellow Magic Orchestra, All Work and no Play ended up becoming a much moodier piece after I was overcome with the sudden desire to make something more akin to Bohren und der Club of Gore mixed with Kelly Bailey's Half-Life soundtracks instead. That's the Doylist explanation; from the Watsonian perspective, this track is supposed to represent Jack Noir's mounting frustration with mind-numbingly tedious paperwork and ridiculous dress-code requirements.