- added Penumbra Phantasm by Morris, the base for Penumbral Awakening in Land of Fans and Music 5 Act 2 (thanks, Morris!)
- replaced heavyweight (~2MB) background art for Psycholonials (and EPs) with optimized version (~200kB)
- fixed Bound in Blood (Beta) not referencing Doctor (thanks, Jebb!)
- fixed vriskafic8ion not referencing Killed by BR8K Spider!!!!!!!! (thanks, Lilith!)
- added various missing art tags
- added Alternia to ♒Tumescent♒, Vwigor8us
- added Beforus to CHEATER PAN, DAMiterNEIGHtions, Tree Dwellers, East Beforan Funk
- added Dream Bubbles to Vwiolet Vwelvwet
- added Frog Temple to ♪ Disc 1 ♪
- added Gate to Time's Apostate
- added June to vriskafic8ion (thanks, Lilith!)
- added LoQaM to Rust Witch, Press A to Reset, The Scratch Before The Calm, Motions of Infinity
- added Matriorb to Rainbow Rebirth
- added Tumor to Game Lost
- added Veil to Cosmic Malfunction
- added Victory Platform (new tag) to Farewell, Higher Hopes [Game Complete], ♫ Disc 2 ♫, Black Hole / White Door, Reunion
- 72.0x SHOWDOWN COMBO: added The Condesce, Consorts, Battlefield, Earth
- fixed some links stripping "<", such as in >Exile<
- fixed certain listings displaying 12/31/1969 for albums without release dates
- various internal improvements and fixes
- updated and filled in latest commentary for Land of Fans and Music 5 Act 2 (thanks, Circlejourney!)
- tidied up crediting for Pixels & Paradiddles (thanks, Circlejourney!)
- added YouTube listening links and album premiere stream link to Land of Fans and Music 5 Act 2
- added artist commentary to Maybe it'll turn out better this time, Karkat Loses His Mind And Learns Holy C, Sunbumper, Sburban Juxtaposition, Celestial Company, Dance of Storms, and Caliborn's Lament
- added MIDI project files to Maybe it'll turn out better this time and When the Curtains Part
- LOFAM5A2 fixes (thanks to the UMSPAF crew for catching many of these!)
- added Jordan Sunlight to contributor list for Yellow Yard
- added missing additional file to Stargazing with Gods
- updated artwork for Yo Quiero la Homestuck and Versus Oblivion
- removed unavailable Bandcamp listening link for Home / Stuck
- updated art tags for Lost in the Dream Bubbles, The Imminently Deceased, Celestial Company and Lost Memories
- fixed artist commentary for many tracks including Dictator, vriskafic8ion, Flight of the Meteor: Year 1, Ruined Singularity, Lunar Solace, Yo Quiero la Homestuck, Stuck, When the Curtains Part, Caffeinated Jittering, Light in the Darkness, and Lost Memories, among others
- fixed Secondhand Memories not referencing Showtime (Original Mix) (thanks, Viko!)
- fixed Green Hill Zone referencing... itself, instead of Green Hill Zone
- fixed incorrect art tag for Hauntjelly (thanks, Horizonseek!)
(news entry: Yo Quiero la Homestuck)
- added Land of Fans and Music 5 Act 2 from Unofficial MSPA Fans!
- added 【SKAIAN SYNTHESIS】 by Funk McLovin!
- added candles + potency by Solatrus!
- added Solar Sessions: a charity album and zine!
- added Guidestuck - Volume One!
- added Reprise by luminantAegis!
- added Another Noir by Cristata!
- added TWELVE albums from Cool and New Music Team! (thanks, Makin!)
- added Cool and New Homestuck 2!
- added Cool and New Homestuck 3!
- added Take My Song in a Completely Different Direction!
- added V8️lu♏e!
- added C A N W A V E 2!
- added BOWMANIA!
- added Cool and New Sonic Team!
- added Intermishin!
- added The Ballad of Megan Pouring!
- added call and new 2: locomotif!
- added .jpeg!
- added 9!
- added partially missing lyrics to Home
- added proper 'lyrics' to Brodylovania
- slightly improved lyrics for When the Curtains Part
- fixed Jamie Paige Stanley having some artist credits under a different name (thanks, Grace!)
- fixed Ascend not referencing Chamber Complex (thanks, Makin!)
- fixed John Sleeps / Skaian Magicant not listing any artists or references (thanks, JG!)
- fixed Lies With The Sea not referencing Lies With The Sea (Beta)
- fixed Noirscape not referencing Upward Movement (Dave Owns), Sburban Jungle, Beatdown (Strider Style), Mutiny, Explore, OR Penumbra Phantasm (thanks, FF!)
- fixed Vigilante ~ Cornered not referencing Vigilante (thanks, Grace!)
- fixed Cometfall referencing Ocean Stars and not referencing Amen, Brother
- fixed Unstable Loops and Ruined Singularity referencing Ruins (With Strings) instead of Ruins
- fixed Another Noir (Extended Void Mix) referencing other tracks directly instead of Another Noir
- fixed You reposted in the wrong neighborhood not referencing Shake That or Casin
- added commentary booklet file to Cool and new Volume V
- added links to album premiere stream recordings to Cyclica, call and new, cool and new volume s*x: hair transplant, CaNWC Sound Test Vol.1: REVENGE OF THE GIIVASUNNER, Basement Tale, COOL AND NEW Volume 7: At the Price of $104.13, s]hecka jef, and CANWC for the Holidays (thanks for these, Ngame!)
- fixed Kara Roas having some artist credits under a different name
- medley tracks Something Familiar, Yet Cool and New, and Ophiuchus (Full Suite) now list their constituent songs as references
- divided two especially large additional files into smaller files
- adjusted sizes of image embeds across artist commentaries
- images in commentaries of I Love This Doctor, Do You Remember the Doctor, Three in the Morning (4 1/3 Hours Late Remix; CaNon edit), and I started a joke! now embeds instead of URLs
- fixed DK Rap missing contributor info
- fixed cool and new volume 2/cool and new volume II & Basement Tale/COOL AND NEW Volume 7: At the Price of $104.13 being ordered incorrectly in gallery view
- fixed Vast Error Vol. 1-3 not being listed under the Fandom category
- fixed IIYWASWIWTBOTSA4AATWUOTDTMIHCIMFH not referencing As Days Go By (thanks, JG!)
- fixed A New World not referencing Explore
- fixed incorrect art tag in Chronology (thanks Celeste, Makin!)
- fixed Absolutely Overfamiliar Shrine having a listening link for a different track (thanks, Mixolydian!)
- fixed Requiem for a Homestuck having art tags despite not having unique artwork
- fixed many missing references across Oceanfalls albums (thanks, Witch's Cadence!)
- fixed Illusions, Iceshards, Fiery Depths, Performance, Brought This (Upon Yourself), Firefly, Up From the Depths, and Right Hand Confrontation not referencing Yellow and Purple
- fixed Aria's House and The Sunderer's Reprisal not referencing Illusions
- fixed Incompetent Trio not referencing Route 228 (Day)
- fixed Inept Quartet not referencing Incompetent Trio
- fixed Reed Chill not referencing Reed
- fixed The Sunderer's Reprisal not referencing Brought This (Upon Yourself)
- fixed Right Hand Confrontation not referencing Emotional Moment
- fixed Up From the Depths, Right Hand Confrontation, and To Ashes It Returns not referencing Fiery Depths
- fixed Memories of Home not referencing Rosen Wings or Restful Wings
- fixed Living Will not referencing The Fifth Flower
- fixed Purge Destiny not referencing Corona
- fixed a variety of filename issues for track artwork and other images
- fixed original art for Hallowed Halls being a 404 when viewing its source file
- fixed bonus art for Kamina Burana (Ascend to the highest point of the building) displaying source file instead of thumbnail
(news entry: Iridescent Noon)
- major rework of how each website page's contents are generated, making it way easier to prototype new features or test changes, and allowing for better stability as code internals are expanded or updated
- album & track pages:
- moved "Listen on" links closer to the top, above "extra" links (like "View gallery page" or "View additional files")
- in cover art tag lists, for tags which come from a story besides Homestuck (such as Five (Oceanfalls) or Kate (Desynced)), hid the part in parentheses (it's still displayed on tag pages)
- adjusted the wording for "extras" links to be more consistent, e.g. "View additional files:" instead of "Additional files:", and combined gallery and commentary links into one line when they're both present
- tweaked the way quotes contained within commentary look to be more compact and easier to follow
- made commentary images load large thumbnails by default (up to 800x800) instead of the source image, which is still available on click
- track info pages:
- made the names of groups in divided track lists ("Tracks that reference..." and "Tracks that sample...") into actual links to those groups
- when a track doesn't have unique artwork and displays its album's cover instead, the album cover's art tags are now linked the same as on the album's own page
- when a track's album is part of more than one group, changed the dividing line between each group in the sidebar from bold white to the same dotted color as other borders on the page (old, new)
- updated the message displayed when there aren't any links for a track
- old: "This track has no URLs at which it can be listened."
- new: "This wiki doesn't have any listening links for Shave and a Haircut."
- album gallery pages:
- added cover artist credits beneath the name of each track, in a slightly dimmer and smaller font
- if an album's track artworks are all by the same artist, a message is displayed at the top instead of having e.g. "(Illust. Homestuck)" under every track name
- artist info pages:
- replaced the old group contribution info line with a cleaner, more detailed view that lets you toggle between displaying count or duration
- for artworks, each contribution to an album's "layout" - cover, wallpaper, and banner - is now counted as a unique artwork, instead of combining them into one (this applies for listings as well)
- artist gallery pages:
- added co-illustrator info when a track or album's artwork has mulitple contributors
- news entry pages:
- removed news entry date from the nav bar
- new All Additional Files listing, corresponding to All Sheet Music and All MIDI/Project Files
- Artists - by Contributions no longer double-counts when a track's artist and contributor lists overlap; displays flash contributions in a third list, instead of counting them together with artworks; and reads out the kind of thing that's contributed inside each list, instead of just "243 contributions" regardless the list
- Tracks - by Duration (in Album) now excludes tracks with "zero" duration, albums which are wholly comprised of zero-duration tracks, and albums which only have one track
- Tracks - in Flashes & Games (by Album) and Tracks - in Flashes & Games (by Flash) no longer list dates
- Random Pages is now translatable, divides albums into the three main groups instead of just "Official" and "Fandom" (which meant "everything that isn't official" - on this page only!), and doesn't directly list albums which only have one track
- once again fixed the way art tag galleries are sorted
- tracks in the same album retain their original order, instead of the reverse
- album covers show up at the front, before tracks from the same album, instead of after
- tracks from albums without a date (such as Unreleased Tracks) are sorted at the end of the gallery, instead of always showing at the start before any recently released artworks
- cleaned up some messy spacing on track and album pages around artist link icons
- allowed line breaks inside "Contributors:" lists, so extremely wide descriptions (such as Rah-Bop's in Hiveswap Act 1) don't break the page layout
- added some padding to the sticky heading's title box, so it doesn't contact the main cover art anymore
- fixed flashes Hiveswap Act 1 and Hiveswap Act 2 showing the whole list of "Side 2" acts from Homestuck proper in the sidebar
- fixed the "Previous" and "Next" links in flash page's nav bar linking to the chronologically adjacent flashes, instead of following the order in the sidebar
- these orders sometimes differ, e.g. MOVIE #1: hooly SHIT, wear a MOVIE??????????? is chronologically between [S] WV?: Rise up. and [S] John: Reunite with your loving wife and daughter, but is listed in the sidebar between A Sword And A Crown and Namco High
- added three albums from Oceanfalls!
- added ELEVEN albums from Cool and New Music Team! (thanks, Makin!)
- added call and new!
- added cool and new volume s*x: hair transplant!
- added CaNWC Sound Test Vol.1: REVENGE OF THE GIIVASUNNER!
- added C A N W A V E!
- added Basement Tale by Cecily Renns!
- added COOL AND NEW Volume 7: At the Price of $104.13!
- added Carne Vale Fusion Collab!
- added s]hecka jef!
- added CANWC for the Holidays!
- added Cool and New Greatest Hits!
- added Median!
- added Gotta Hatch 'Em All! from Stuck at Home Con!
- added Vast Error Vol. 1-3 from Deconreconstruction! (thanks, koba!)
- added Crossmound Vol. 1!
- added CYBER CITY SOUND PAK by Cristata!
- added Spelunky Classic by Buzinkai and Jon Perry!
- added a Stuck at Home Con group page!
- added a Deconreconstruction group page!
- added site backgrounds to Oceanfalls Vol. 2 and Oceanfalls Vol. 3 (thanks, nights!)
- added high res artwork to Oceanfalls Vol. 1, Contritum, Oceanfalls Vol. 2, and Oceanfalls Vol. 3
- added audio commentary transcription to Ace of Trump and Homefree
- added a flash animation of Sburban Rush to the Land of Fans and Music additional files
- added artist commentary to 108 Stars of Density
- added track artwork commentary to Anbroids V2.0 (thanks, Kandi!)
- added Comic Sans to commentary for SWEET BRO AND HELLA JEFF SHOW and Sord..... (thanks, Makin!)
- added lyrics to NOW'S YOUR CHANCE TO BE A
- changed the site banner for Homestuck Vol. 7: At the Price of Oblivion and Oceanfalls Vol. 1 to better display the original artwork
- fixed Ian Taylor having some artist credits under a different name
- fixed keyboard cait having some artist credits under a different name
- fixed ostrichlittledungeon having some artist credits under a different name
- removed full album listening link for Alternia due to missing bonus tracks
- replaced "smart" quotation marks and apostraphes (like these and these) as well as ellipses with portable ASCII characters, mostly throughout commentary
- changed a few track fields to handle re-releases more consistently
- switched the re-release directions of Charun's Cave and Studio Space, and of beekeeper who? i dont know her. and Homestead
- moved commentary on beekeeper who? i dont know her. over to Homestead, and annotated where it originates from
- added rerelease context in commentary for Charun's Cave and beekeeper who? i dont know her.
- changed lame and old webcomic voluem 10 (MEGA MILX) to sample Of Gods and Witches (from Songs Unsung) instead of Of Gods and Witches (from Homestuck Vol. 10)
- changed Ephemeral Muse: Final Remix to reference Harrigan instead of Ephemeral Muse
- fixed Black Rose / Green Sun not referencing Macabre (thanks, Makin!)
- fixed Terezi Owns not referencing Crystalanthemums (thanks, JG!)
- fixed Black Hole's Dozen not referencing The Thirteenth Troll (thanks, Monckat!)
- fixed The Will to Fight (Original Mix) [Denizen Strife] not referencing Showtime (Piano Refrain)
- fixed Nuclear Winterfalls not referencing Snowfalls
- fixed BIG SHOT not referencing Dummy! (thanks, FF, Sgeo!)
- fixed FIDUSPAWN, GO! referencing Sunslammer instead of Sunsetter (thanks, Makin!)
- fixed normal song name referencing Homestuck and MeGaLoVania instead of Sburban Jungle and Upward Movement (Dave Owns)
- fixed ARE YOU LOST? referencing Fallen Down instead of Lost Girl
- fixed Showtime Remix referencing Showtime (Piano Refrain) (still in sampling list)
- fixed Yellow and Purple and Illusions having incorrect listening links
- fixed Game Hypothesis having an incorrect listening link (thanks, FF!)
- fixed typo in lyrics for Cerulean Skies (lower-case I in "But all i found were long-dead-ends")
- fixed various errors regarding Homestuck Anthem and Homestuck
- fixed Elevatorstuck referencing Homestuck Anthem instead of Homestuck
- fixed sometimes i call andrew hussie 'andy' and so far he hasn't corrected me referencing Homestuck instead of Harlequin
- fixed Irrelevance Event Horizon referencing Homestuck instead of Homestuck Anthem
- fixed Lofistuck referencing Homestuck instead of Homestuck Anthem
- fixed 25x SHOWDOWN COMBO referencing Homestuck instead of Homestuck Anthem
- fixed Cool and New Web Comic referencing Homestuck Anthem
- fixed many missing references for Perfectly Generic Album tracks
- fixed New and Improved not referencing Penumbra Phantasm
- fixed Gaster's Theme not referencing MEGALOVANIA
- fixed Another Noir (Extended Void Mix) not referencing Amen, Brother
- fixed Welcome to Your New Suburban Reality not referencing Sburban Jungle
- fixed Eternally You not referencing Flare (thanks, EzzyCrafts!) or Homestuck Anthem
- fixed various errors in otherwise valid "sampled tracks" data which kept them from showing up on the wiki (mostly miscapitalization)
- fixed Three in the Morning (4 1/3 Hours Late Remix) not sampling RollerCoaster Tycoon Theme
- fixed Dentist not sampling Seinfeld Theme
- fixed Infinite Zest not sampling Let the Squiddles Sleep (End Theme)
- fixed Predomination not sampling Let the Squiddles Sleep (End Theme)
- fixed ✌︎❒︎♏︎ ⍓︎□︎◆︎ ●︎□︎⬧︎⧫︎✍︎- full album stream not sampling MEDIUM
- fixed missing cover artist info for a few tracks:
- fixed direct links to URLs with spaces in 'em all being 404s, e.g. the listen link for Where making this hapen, due to misplaced URL encoding
- added Aria di Mezzo Carattere to reference list for Oh! One True Love (thanks, FF!)
- added Once Upon a Time to reference list for Dating Start! (FM Version) (thanks, FF!)
- added unreeeal superhero 3 to reference list for KEYGEN (thanks, vriska and FF!)
- fixed incorrect track art for Fighting Spirit ~Second Form~ (thanks, Makin!)
- fixed incorrect YouTube link for Wind (used to be to a reversed version, which was in the original Bandcamp download before being replaced!)
- fixed dead YouTube links for tracks by Kevin Grant, whose channel with official uploads went offline
- fixed typos in various track names (thanks, Vortexius!)
- fixed missing line breaks in commentary for Act 8 Volume 1 (thanks, Niklink!)
- fixed lyrics in Ult!Dirk Can't Rap (was "Claims burbon claim to win", now "Playing SBURB and playin' to win" - thanks, Red!)
- fixed additional file link for Retrobution under Jailbreak Vol. 1
- these additional files and more should be reworked as MIDI/Project Files and organized under particular tracks, but that's for another time soon
- fixed Twitter link for NEON SYSTEM 95
- updated info for Squid (thanks, NEON SYSTEM 95!)
- changed directories (URLs) of Savoir Allegro (Bonus) and Torrent (Bonus) not to include "-bonus"
- removed dead YouTube links from Hiveswap Act 1 OST commentary (thanks, Sgeo!)
- linked to wiki pages instead of external sites in commentary for Ballad of Awakening and We Shall Go Together
- new YouTube link for Sburban Jungle, with fresh artwork by Alice Hu!
- added commentary to Sburban Jungle and Chorale for Jaspers
- fixed Bandcamp link for Vinculum Vitae (thanks, Celeste!)
- added art tags to Vinculum Vitae, Land of Hue and Duels (Trollside), Something Familiar, and Yet Cool and New
- replaced reference to Doctor with Penumbra Phantasm in Thief of Space
- fixed lyric formatting in I'm Gonna Love You Just a Little More Baby and Supermassive Black Hole
- tweaked contributor and artist credits in a few tracks
- Stress: fixed mirroring its artist list as contributors, as well as erroneously listing Buzinkai (who composed the original track, Five-Four Stress)
- Feel (Alive): removed contributor credits and moved contribution details to artist field
- Solar Voyage and Renewed Return: removed "composition" credits from Marcy Nabors (implied from the artist field)
- fixed a number of issues with "latest first" chronological sorting
- this mainly means artists' cover gallery pages are sorted properly, again (they've been broken so many times)
- main new change: "latest first" chronological sorts still keep dateless items, such as tracks under Additional Tracks, at the end of the list, as intended
- fixed chronologically sorting flashes moving flashes released on the same day out of place with each other
- fixed cover art in "sticky" page heading having gone totally missing!
- this was a code error introduced in early March - it was supposed to only make cover art with content warnings show up in the sticky heading after the main cover was revealed by the user clicking on it, but accidentally made all covers with art tags be hidden from the heading instead, oops
data & media fixes
- implemented a new tool for automatically detecting missing and misplaced media files whenever the project is built, revealing a bunch of issues fixed below, and helping to prevent similar media mismatches from popping up again in the future
- fixed missing or misplaced track artwork across the wiki
- Aggrieve (Violin Redux) from Homestuck Vol. 1
- Ectobiology from Homestuck Vol. 5
- The Thirteenth Hour from Alternia
- Buy NAK Sell DOOF from Genesis Frog
- Heir of Grief from [S] Collide.
- WORST END from Hiveswap Friendsim
- all tracks from Beyond Canon
- Land of Rad Tricks and Gnarly Odorless Things from Beforus
- MeGaWaltzeVania from cool and new volume 2
- go down (cool and new Mix) (feat. John J "Damn, Now Those Are Some Tunes" Renns), tycoonival, and Tick Tock Comes the Bad Wolf from Cool and New Homestuck
- Spare Friendship, Ma'am? from FriendSymphony
- Jet Black from I Am Writing Myself A Dream In A Letter
- A Song About a Circle Constant from entertaining sound
- various other tracks where files in the media repository didn't match what was represented in the data repo, but which didn't show an error online because older media files hadn't been removed from the server
- replaced compressed or missing artwork with original resolution works from various albums:
- added original crop of art from Bargaining with the Beast to track commentary
(news entry: happy birthday nannasprite)
- added Act 8 Volume 1!
- added a couple more Cool and New Music Team albums!
- added both Act Omega albums!
- added new releases from 4/13!
- added sheet music to Underfoot (thanks, Warrigal!) and, all the way from 1911, to I'm a Member of the Midnight Crew (thanks, Celeste!)
- added commentary from Andrew Hussie and old Bandcamp pages to several albums: Homestuck Vol. 1, Midnight Crew: Drawing Dead, Homestuck Vol. 5, Alternia, Squiddles!, The Felt, Homestuck Vol. 6: Heir Transparent, Strife!, Medium, Homestuck Vol. 7: At the Price of Oblivion, Prospit & Derse, coloUrs and mayhem: Universe A, and coloUrs and mayhem: Universe B
- added commentary by Bowman to much of his older music: Sburban Jungle (Brief Mix), Harlequin (Rock Version), Explore, Ohgodwhat Remix, Chorale for Jaspers, Pony Chorale, Midnight Crew: Drawing Dead, Lunar Eclipse, Hauntjam, Sburban Jungle, Homestuck Vol. 5, Happy Cat Song!, Hardchorale, How Do I Live (Bunny Back in the Box Version), Greenhouse, Tangled Waltz, Squiddle Samba, Mister Bowman Tells You About the Squiddles, I Don't Want to Miss a Thing, and Mobius Trip and Hadron Kaleido (thanks, MSPA Prophet!)
- added music video link to Identity Thief by Michael Guy Bowman
- Smackdown, Slamdown, Contra, Mayorlovania, and Sburban Resolution moved out of More Homestuck Fandom (now in Cool and New Homestuck and Early Access)
- credit fixes for tracks from Not Eno
- various fixes to Three in the Morning (4 1/3 Hours Late Remix) and Three in the Morning (Ngame's Bowmix) [Explicit]
- lyrics fixes for Tentacles and Let the Squiddles Sleep (End Theme) (thanks, MSPA Prophet!)
- fixed II - Sarabande not listing Erik Scheele as a contributor
- fixed unordered flash links on Elevatorstuck's page (thanks, FF!)
- added missing bonus track to DELTARUNE Chapter 2 OST
- added two missing bonus tracks to ✌︎❒︎♏︎ ⍓︎□︎◆︎ ●︎□︎⬧︎⧫︎✍︎
- added banner to UNDERTALE Soundtrack
- added Spotify listening links for UNDERTALE & DELTARUNE music and replaced YouTube links with official uploads
- added community listening stream link to A Shade Of Blue
- moved MIDI files for Kid Radd Theme, Bogey Theme, Gnarl Theme, Kid Radd (Final), and Heart of the Creator from artist commentary to the new dedicated section
- changed per-track colors for ♐ - Creeping Blue, Yes, So Good, ♐Broken Strings♐, Depths and Water, Dumbass Terminal, Growing Up, WORST (fri)END, Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness, and *Suplexes piano* to match indigoblood colors, and ♋️A Peace Worth Fighting For♋️ from iron to mutantblood
- fixed Sburb listing Erik Scheele as an album artist instead of a contributor for each track
- fixed listening links across all of Cristata's albums and fixed some of their artist credits being under a different name
- fixed sylvarn having some artist credits under a different name
- fixed incorrect listening link for Doctor's Ringtone (No SFX)
- fixed playlist-related issues in YouTube links for cool and new voulem.1, same bpm and all tracks in Election Season & Dialed to 11
- fixed trailer link for cool and new volume II linking to the trailer for cool and new volume 2
- fixed incorrect or missing art tags in [S] Collide., Eternity, Served Cold (Canon Edit), Riches to Ruins Movements I & II, Nine Lives One Love, Adios, Lost Boys, Dance of Viridian and Violet, Beetermination (Thinking Bee), Dr. Pepper, Carefree Consternation, Urban Jungle, Rex Duodecim Angelus (Remix), Infinite Zest, Predomination, and Shattered Spacetime
- new sheet music & MIDI/project file sections on track pages
- high resolution artworks brought to the entire Official Discography and many Fandom albums!
- new image overlay feature: a large preview of track or album artwork shows up when you click 'em, giving a focused view instead of leaving the page!
- this is a high resolution compressed version of the original art; since highest-resolution artwork files can sometimes be pretty huge (e.g. 40 MB+), these are now accessible behind a "view original" link
- miscellaneous site polish and improvements
- listing pages now link to each other from the main content area for quicker navigation, especially on mobile; sections for listings of the same kind of thing and for related listings of another kind of thing
- more skippers when navigating using tab: jump to any section of most pages right from the skipper bar
- miscellaneous styling polish, including stabilized wallpaper dimensions on dynamic-dimensions viewports (e.g. mobile Safari with shrinking location bar), showing sticky heading above cover art on mobile / very thin displays, and minor bug fixes
- added all albums from Parsec Productions, aka Mark J. Hadley!
- added After-Party Animal (EP) by Clark Powell!
- added Qualia by Buzinkai!
- added Songs of Rivervale and new single Requiem for a Homestuck by James Roach!
- added a couple more Cool and New Music Team albums!
- added Dialed to 11 by LudicrousFalcon!
- added Retcon (2018) by The Cat Herd!
- added additional files to Land of Fans and Music, Land of Fans and Music 2, Land of Fans and Music 3, Land of Fans and Music 4, Land of Fans and Music 5, Jailbreak Vol. 1, SBURB OST, Beforus, Bee-forus: Seatbelt Safebee, Weird Puzzle Tunes, Ancestral, Xenoplanetarium, Gristmas Carols, Cosmic Caretakers, Moons of Theseus, FriendSymphony, The Baby is You, cool and new volume 2, cool and new volume II, and Team Paradox
- added backgrounds to Homestuck Vol. 1, Homestuck Vol. 2, Homestuck Vol. 3, Homestuck Vol. 4, and Homestuck Vol. 1-4
- added links to album premiere stream recordings to Ancestral, Cosmic Caretakers, Moons of Theseus, Strife 2, and Oceanfalls Vol. 1 (thanks for these, Ngame!)
- added commentary to the FriendSymphony album page
- added per-track colors to tracks in coloUrs and mayhem: Universe A, coloUrs and mayhem: Universe B, Cherubim, Beforus, Ancestral, Xenoplanetarium, Diverging Delicacies, FriendSymphony, 7th Gate Project, and Of Troles and Chiptumes
- OutRun moved out of More Homestuck Fandom (now in A Shade Of Blue)
- added art anthology booklet to Beyond Canon as additional file
- matching per-track colors, updated the colors for a few tags, including Caliborn nad Calliope, as well as Equius and other indigo tags
- fixed typos in commentary citation for Pumpkin Tide (TV's I Can Barely Sleep I Have To Quickly Finish This Rock Cover) and Lapis Lazuli (Extended), making these listed properly on their artists' wiki pages
- fixed Frustracean not referencing Hardlyquin (thanks, OneOfTheChips!)
- selected albums for the homepage carousel by hand instead of just pulling the latest official discography releases
- meant to do this before the new year's release but it totally slipped one developer's mind, please forgive <3<3<3
- added booklet commentary to Bee-forus: Seatbelt Safebee
- added booklet commentary to cool and new volume 2 and cool and new volume II
- added missing bonus track Audio Commentary Featuring David Ellis, Robert J! Lake, Yishan Mai, Marcy Nabors and Corbin Pangilinan to Shortcuts
- added wallpapers as additional files to Homestuck Vol. 1-4 (the same ones from Homestuck Vol. 4)
- replaced background image for FriendSymphony with uncompressed version
- added Nice Wizard's Electronic Extravaganza! to the Beyond category
- moved Gaster's Theme, Megalovania, and Room of Dog from the "Music from video games" subgroup to the "Miscellany by Homestuck musicians" subgroup in References Beyond Homestuck
- fixed I Want You (To Wear a Seatbelt) not referencing Savior of the Driving Dead
- fixed Sea Patrol (Ocean Calm) not referencing Sea Patrol (Ocean Quarrel)
- fixed Phoenix Wright - Objection! 2001 and Maya Fey - Turnabout Sisters 2001 being incorrectly named "Objection! 2001" and "Turnabout Sisters Theme 2001", respectively
- fixed Maya Kern accidentally having a different artist's SoundCloud link
- fixed a typo in daXfactorz' name
- fixed typoes in Marcy Nabors' contributions to I'm a Member of the Midnight Crew (Post-Punk Version) (thanks, Makin!)
- slightly tweaked the homepage album selection
- fixed Pondsquatter (Live Chamber Version) not attributing Talea Ensemble (thanks, Makin!)
- fixed Saltish attributing Makin instead of Hadron for the track artwork (thanks, Makin!)
- fixed typo in commentary for Raise of the Conductor's Baton (thanks, Makin!)
- fixed Bane not referencing... Bane
- fixed Diskhordance not referencing Alterkate (thanks, Sgeo!)
- fixed DAVE STRIDER'S COOL MIXTAPE not referencing The Light's Rebellion (thanks, Circlejourney!)
- fixed Bon Voyage, Amigo attributing the composers from EarthBound instead of Shogo Sakai (thanks, FF!)
- fixed Jump Up, Super Star! not attributing Nobuyoshi Suzuki or Aimi Mukohara and listing Rob Tunstall as a contributor instead of artist (thanks, FF!)
- fixed Smiles and Tears missing lyrics
- fixed The Stains of Time not specifying The Maniac Agenda's role in makin the song (and calling them 'Maniac Agenda') (thanks, FF!)
- fixed Title (Mega Man 3) not listing Yasuaki Fujita as an artist (thanks, FF!)
- fixed Title (Uwol: Quest for Money) being named 'Game Over', being listed as being from Felix the Cat instead of from Uwol, and not attributing Augusto Ruiz (thanks, FF!)
(news entry: Ball Drop '23)
- major restructure of all internal data structures as well as data file format, laying foundations for all following changes and additions to wiki features and lending much better to interoperability with outside code and internal data validation and error reporting
- improved automatic data error reporting lead to many dozens of diverse data issues that had previously slipped by getting fixed this update, much improving overall wiki quality and raising the baseline level of data consistency
- new Additional Files feature added, including downloadable album booklets and other goodies, present across many official albums: Midnight Crew: Drawing Dead, Homestuck Vol. 4, Homestuck Vol. 5, Alternia, Squiddles!, Strife!, AlterniaBound, Homestuck Vol. 7: At the Price of Oblivion, Mobius Trip and Hadron Kaleido, Sburb, The Wanderers, Homestuck Vol. 8, coloUrs and mayhem: Universe A, coloUrs and mayhem: Universe B, Homestuck Vol. 9, Symphony Impossible to Play, One Year Older, Cherubim, and Homestuck Vol. 10
- includes all booklets and resources released with official albums that aren't included in downloads from the recent (2019) official Homestuck Bandcamp restructure
- files from solo re-releases are included and shared publicly on the wiki with permission from their original artists
- includes unedited versions of Bandcamp banners and backgrounds used throughout the wiki
- includes a few wallpapers and sheet music shared separately by the creators
- page headers, such as the main titles of albums and tracks, are now styled to be "sticky" - they follow the page scroll stuck to the top of the screen so you can always identify what page you're viewing at a glance
- new metadata for "social embeds" included on all album and track pages, making nice modals appear when linking to HSMusic from sites like Discord or... like... Facebook
- metadata for the page "theme color" makes elements of some web browsers subtly take on the color of the page (Safari and mobile)
- support added for uncompressed PNG album and track artworks
- these don't replace the compressed jpeg thumbnails, but when you click art to view it in full, you'll get its lossless PNG format when available
- mostly newly added albums for now, but more official and fandom artwork will be brought over soon
- support added for albums which don't have cover art at all, as seen in new albums from Additional Tracks and some releases from the community
- listing changes:
- "new" Albums - by Date Added listing, which has actually existed since May 2021, but was previously somehow at a typo'd path and wasn't accessible from the listing index
- Tracks - with Lyrics listing now sorts by album date instead of track date, i.e. so all tracks from the same album are always grouped together (thanks, Geese!)
- Tracks - by Times Referenced listing now excludes re-release tracks (such as Black from Homestuck Vol. 1-4)
- "Tracks that reference..." lists are now grouped by Beyond and Additional Tracks as well, instead of grouping everything that's not an official Homestuck track under Fandom
- re-release tracks (such as Black from Homestuck Vol. 1-4) are no longer displayed in "Tracks that reference" lists
- though not all art has been ported yet, many albums and tracks (including most new ones) now have full resolution PNG artwork, accessible by clicking the cover art (thumbnails are still downscaled JPEGs to reduce data usage when generally browsing the wiki), as well as PNG banner and backgrounds where applicable
- "short name" for the wiki changed has been chagned from "HSMusic" to "HSMusic Wiki" - this shows up in browser tab titles, the site navigation bar, and social embeds like Discord
- homepage content entirely redesigned, with new "carousel" element showing off the official discography and a larger hand-picked selection of albums added in this update
- Unreleased Tracks has been completely reorganized, with many tracks having been moved to new organizational albums More Homestuck Fandom and References Beyond Homestuck, all collected under new Additional Tracks group
- new internal features which generalize behavior originally hard-coded for Unreleased Tracks, letting new albums make use of some or all desired features:
- internal support for albums which don't have release dates (these get sorted to the end on artist pages and are excluded from chronology links)
- new "Has Track Numbers" field on albums which switches between the default
<ul>list displays for track lists
- slight appearance polish to various elements across the site
- album addition credits:
- thanks to koba for putting together a huge spreadsheet of album data from Cool and New Music Team (including all-new track reference lists)
- thanks to vriska/leo for entering the initial album data for DELTARUNE Chapter 2 OST, plus other additions under UNDERTALE & DELTARUNE
- thanks to FF for refining the album data for DELTARUNE Chapter 2 OST
- thanks to Circlejourney for filling out the album data for Bee-forus: Seatbelt Safebee and SBURBAN NEIGHBORHOOD
- thanks to Niklink for filling out the album data for pretty much every other album listed below, and going to much-commendable effort to catalogue a master list of over 300 albums (and singles) from the Homestuck fandom, as well as almost all other uncredited changes listed below
- thanks to everyone who shared missed album media and reported data errors, listed later in the "other additions" and "data changes" section!
- added DELTARUNE Chapter 2 OST by Toby Fox!
- added Land of Fans and Music 5!
- added all three Tumblrstuck/bent albums by Samm Neiland!
- added 7th Gate Project by Catboss!
- added Capricious Mistress - Single and Fuchsia Ruler - Single by Kezinox!
- added Team Paradox by (wait for it) Team Paradox!
- added Olive Scribe by Bleed Binary!
- added Nice Wizard's Electronic Extravaganza! by Nice Wizard!
- added [Super-Unofficial Album] SBURB OST: BONUS DLC! by Brad Griffin!
- added Glitchstuck Volume 1 by (yep) Glitchstuck!
- added Heaven;Sent and Homestuck by Swagazaki!
- added Ophiuchus (Full Suite) by WarxTron!
- added the Cool and New Music Team group!
- added Play the Rain by Lark Mordancy!
- added Rust Apocalypse [Anniversary Remaster] by Willow Ascenzo!
- added Heinoustuck Vol. 1!
- added Homestuck For Orchestra EP by Walt Ribeiro!
- added A Viral Medium Vol.1 by Maggot!
- added >Exile< by Bill Bolin!
- added both SAHCon albums!
- added Songs from the Planet Earth!
- added Bee-forus: Seatbelt Safebee!
- added Songs Unsung by Tensei!
- added [S] Press Play!
- added Ulterior Motives by Michael Guy Bowman!
- added Portalstuck Vol. 1 by yoyoYolo!
- added Pantheon by Rainy!
- added Friendsim 2 - Volume 1!
- added six removed tracks by SolusLunes back to Homestuck Vol. 5
- added null by Toby Fox to Homestuck Vol. 8 (moved from Additional Tracks)
- added eight missing bonus tracks to Strife 2 (thanks, Cello!)
- added five missing bonus instrumental tracks to Ancestral (thanks, deesoff!)
- added Audio Commentary Featuring Robert J! Lake, Nick Smalley, Luke "GFD" Benjamins, and Erik "Jit" Scheele to Jailbreak Vol. 1
- fully transcribed, all 43 minutes of it (thanks Nameless Rumia for the initial transcription!)
- added STRIFE! [Battle] and booklet commentary to SBURB OST
- added eight CD/vinyl release bonus tracks to UNDERTALE Soundtrack (thanks, vriska/leo!)
- many, many, many additions to Additional Tracks
- added dozens of tracks to More Homestuck Fandom and References Beyond Homestuck that are being referenced in newly added albums
- added dozens more tracks that are being referenced by tracks in said categories (thanks for some of these, Gibus Wearing Brony!)
- added a couple missing tracks and some newly researched information to Unreleased Tracks
- added lyrics to all tracks throughout the group, well over 100 of them!
- added missing specific artist credits throughout the group, again tallying over 100 new artists (thanks for most video game, movie, and television tracks, FF!)
- added commentary to multiple traditional References Beyond Homestuck tracks, providing snippets of context
- added explanatory notes as commentary to various tracks with no official names
- added background wallpapers to Midnight Crew: Drawing Dead and Oceanfalls Vol. 1
- added banner to Archive
- added preliminary information for track sampling to many tracks throughout the wiki (feature is currently disabled)
- added hundreds of art tags to all albums under Official Discography and Fandom
- new setting tags (huge thanks to Celeste for doing the initial pass of all art for these!)
- new CaNWC tags
- new Desynced tags (thanks, Celeste!)
- new Heinoustuck tags
- new Oceanfalls tags
- other new tags: Jude, Sweet Bro, Hella Jeff, Problem Sleuth, Ace Dick, Pickle Inspector, Bees, Birds, Diemen, Gate, Homosuck, Horses, Imperial Drones, June, Sans, Lotus, Skylla's lusus, Tumor
- thanks to everyone who shared feedback in the #art-tag-review Discord channel, including Cello, deesoff, foreverFlummoxed, Geese, vriska, Makin, megatti, and Niklink!
- added art tags for all Desynced albums, Weird Puzzle Tunes (thanks, Celeste!), all Oceanfalls albums (thanks, Celeste & tempest2k!)
- added art tags for Strife!, Act 7, Hiveswap Act 1 OST, Perfectly Generic Album, The Funk McLovin Homestuck Experience, The Baby is You, and The Baby is June's covers (thanks, Celeste!)
- added art tags for all track arts consisting of screenshots of official material (filed under Homestuck)
- added YouTube links for relevant videos to Doctor (Original Loop) (with a transcription by Celeste!), Homestuck Vol. 10 and Michael Guy Bowman's music videos
- moved Desynced and Perfectly Generic Object from Beyond to Fandom
- moved the individual Psycholonials episode albums into Beyond
- tracks Strider Showdown (loop), Gold Mage [Playtime is Over Mix], Cooldown, Cascante, justice must be a serve, Archagent Everlasting, Tick, Lord Spanish, Chalk Emerald, and Rex Mille Geromius have been removed from More Homestuck Fandom now that the albums they're from have been added to the wiki
- where applicable, banners and backgrounds throughout the wiki have been replaced with source quality png files
- removed image compression artifacts from the backgrounds for Tomb of the Ancestors, Shortcuts, and P[S]
- edited banner for Bashful Hearts Out to preserve pixelated look
- fixed 'edits for wiki' attribution for altered banners missing for some albums
- removed a few artists which weren't being referenced anywhere else
- removed a few More Homestuck Fandom tracks which weren't being referenced anywhere else
- directory changed for some Jailbreak Vol. 1 content
- made the song names in Prospit & Derse and Homestuck Vol. 1-4 appropriate colors per-section :)
- a huge amount of fixes to artist attributions, references, lyrics, and much more throughout Additional Tracks
- fixed many incorrect track names (in part thanks to vriska/leo and Celeste!)
- divided previous artist "Lost in History" into two more specific labels, Unknown Artist and Traditional (thanks, Gibus Wearing Brony!)
- replaced many YouTube links in References Beyond Homestuck to official uploads where possible
- replaced many dead YouTube links as well (in part thanks to foreverFlummoxed, Celeste!) and a dead Bandcamp link
- changed several YouTube links to the correct versions
- lots of fixes throughout the entirety of The Baby is You, including lyrics, references, contributors, art tags, and release date
- fixed missing references in the following tracks: Kinetic Verdancy, The Ballad of Jack Noir, Hauntjam, Guardian V2, Walk-Stab-Walk (R&E) (thanks, Sgeo!), Lifdoff, Airtime (thanks, Gibus Wearing Brony!), Stress, Heir of Grief, Keep Your Head Down, turns out its like the shoe, Skaia Ad Infinitum, Black Hole / White Door, Robert Jailbreak (thanks, Celeste!) Apexhalation, Megalo in Death // ʞɔɐq ǝʞᴉɹʇS ɥʇɐǝp, Another Noir (Extended Void Mix), Malblanka Rozo Verda Stelo (thanks, Sgeo!), oh, 2017?
- fixed incorrect references in the following tracks: Aggrieve Remix, Nic Cage Song, White Host, Green Room (thanks, Cello!), Oppa Toby Style, Lilith in Starlight, 2016 but all the best memes happen at the same time, Toby Fox Has Written Hundreds of Unique Original Songs, Blood For My Ancestors
- fixed missing artist attributions in the following tracks: Contention, Red Sucker (thanks, cookiefonster!), Broom Temperature, Frondly Warning, Oh God, Christmas! and A Very Special Time (thanks, Makin!), A Spirited Conversation [Sprite Interaction], Broken Dreams [Prospit's Fall], Emerald Icarus [Green Sun], Take Flight [Battleship], Born to Die [Doomed Timeline], We'll Be Right Back (thanks, Celeste!), Tacit Blue (thanks, Comfy!)
- fixed incorrect artist attributions in the following tracks: Explore, Green Lolly and Red Sucker, Metamorphic Choices [Kernel Prototyping], The Will to Fight Further [Denizen Strife]
- fixed Day That Never Came/Someday/Together/Together/Together: Vocal Remix not attributing Astro Kid or each other properly
- fixed incorrectly formatted names for Skaian Dreams (Remix), SBURB OST, and Heir-Seer-Knight-Witch
- lots and lots of fixes to artist data, including names, aliases, removing dead links, and adding more links (thanks in part to Vortexius, deesoff, Geese, MT Argentum!)
- fixed Paige Turner (thanks, cookiefonster!), Carla Bravo, Danna Vital, Griffin McElroy, Josefin B., Kate Holden, koba, and Neil Cicierega having some artist credits under a different name
- lyrics fixes for Black, Friendship Aneurysm, Indigo Heir, Temporal Shenanigans, Austin, Atlantis, Robert Jailbreak, The Sock Ruse (thanks, Celeste!), Kalesa In Binondo (thanks, Comfy!), Looking For A Rock (thanks, Cello!), today i put......... JELLY on this hot god (thanks, HermitCyclop!), Dawn of Man (thanks, Kidpen!), An Apple Disaster!! (thanks, MrCheeze!)
- fixed Spare Friendship, Ma'am? having incorrect artwork and Purgatory missing its artwork
- fixed Gay Love Song for Four Cellos not being marked as the original release for Love Song
- fixed broken media link in Jane Dargason's commentary (thanks, Comfy!)
- fixed pronouns in commentary for Stress (thanks, Comfy!)
- Dave's Phat Beat Machine no longer features JOHN DO THE WINDY THING after the demise of Flash
- fixed [S] ==> (the A6I4 intro flash) listing English instead of Eternity Served Cold
- fixed a number of syntax errors in data files, thanks to improved parsing and data review by Gio (thank you!) detecting misspelled names of various data fields (that would therefore would not display) for Fuchsia Ruler, Frogsong, Schrödinger's Harbinger, DSNAKE, First Turn Fold, Thiefofstars, and Carapacians
- added Bandcamp links back to Clark Powell's albums: We Are All Satellites, Namesake, Someday, and Labyrinth's Heart (thanks, Celeste!), and also to Perfectly Generic Object (thanks, vriska/leo!)
- added YouTube links to Perfectly Generic Album (thanks, vriska/leo!), also Guardian, Nightlife (Extended), Kinetic Verdancy, Rediscover Fusion Remix, Mutiny, Guardian V2, Contention, null, it's good to see you again, Before Before the Beginning, Isn't This "Is This the End?" Again?, Non Compos Mentis, the drone rhythmic motif which can be found in act 1 and act 2, it's a cover of 'made of time', IT'S NOTHING
- added Spotify listen links to Mobius Trip and Hadron Kaleido, Strife!, Strife 2, Sburban Jungle, and Ascend
- added listen links to Bill Bolin's tracks on the official Homestuck albums
- fixed wrong YouTube links for Virgin Orb (thanks, Sgeo!) and How Do I Live (D8 Night Version) (thanks, Makin!)
- replaced dead YouTube links to The Felt and Planetarium (thanks, Sgeo!), Constant Conquest, and Skaian Starstorm
- removed dead Bandcamp links for Indigo Archer and Temporal Shenanigans
- fixed broken code repository link in About & Credit page (thanks, nanaian!)
- fixed art tags for Skaian Happy Flight, Respit, Hardchorale, Gravedigger's Dirge, and Ithaca Is Calling (thanks, Celeste!)
- a truly uncountable amount of little fixes, adjustments, and improvements that haven't been exhaustively kept track of as this update swelled in size during the year and a half (!!!) it spent in the oven, from everyone who contributed to the wiki during this time. thank you.
- added missing A6I3 "weird moody horse shit" flashes (thanks, FF!)
- added missing bonus tracks from Rust Apocalypse as re-releases of their original appearances on coloUrs and mayhem: Universe A (thanks, deesoff!)
- added blood CW to Hauntjam (thanks, Celeste!)
- added blood (abstract) CW to Hauntjelly, too
- updated listen links for a number of tracks in Unreleased Tracks, using local archive uploads rather than relying on a torrent mirror
- Hawkeye (as heard in Sunsetter and Davesprite)
- Sea of Derse (as heard in Breeze)
- Shooting Star (as heard in Homefree)
- Skaia Voyages (as heard in Creata and Skaian Happy Flight)
- The Paradox Paradigm (as heard in a number of Unofficial MSPA Fans tracks)
- Where making this hapen (as heard, probably, in Rex Mille Geromius and, maybe, in Revisit/Rewind)
- fixed capitalization for Where making this hapen
- fixed domain-local URLs crashing a build (i.e. support for updated archive links)
- fixed re-release track links never text wrapping, messing up layout on pages such as Three in the Morning
- fixed flash art for [S][A6I3] ==> (may take a while to load)
- added missing (public!) bonus tracks from P[S] (thanks, deesoff!):
- added a bunch more tags from Celeste (thanks again!):
- added new Scalemates tag to The Lemonsnout Turnabout, Teal Seer, Trollcops, Perfectly Generic Album, and Scales
- added new Cats tag to Wisest Wizord, Pumpkin Party in Sea Hitler's Water Apocalypse, Pink Cat, Vodka Mutiny, and Ectobiology
- added Aradia, John, and Meenah tags to Perfectly Generic Album
- added The Disciple and Mindfang tags to lazutrix
- added Doc Scratch tag to Disc Three (thanks, FF!)
- added Green Sun tag to Black Rose / Green Sun, Forest Fire, Crystalanachrony, I Am Ascending (And It Is Terrible), Strife Mayhem, Emerald Icarus [Green Sun]
- added Horrorterrors tag to Black Rose / Green Sun
- added Jack Noir tag to Moonsweater
- added Lil Cal tag to Unlabeled and Ectobiology
- added Pyralspite tag to Teal Seer and Disc Three
- swapped out Tavros tag for Rufioh in Ghost Hole
- added cw animal death to Death of the Lusii
- added blood cw to Irradiated, The Carnival, Trollian Standoff, ETERNAL SUFFERING, SUBJUGGLATION, Disc Two, Disc Three, Walls Covered in Blood DX, A Rebel's Requiem
- added blood (abstract) cw to Nepeta's Theme and Fool [Explicit]
- added body horror cw to Disc Two
- added corpse cw to Corpse Casanova, Disc Two, Crockercorpse, Checkerboard Checkmate [Battlefield], A Rebel's Requiem
- swapped out blood (abstract) cw for blood in Cardinal Movement
- a bunch of tag fixes from Celeste (thank you!):
- made "reasonpeason" an alias for Rebecca Peason, updating art credits for Chaotic Strength and Science Seahorse
- added Black Rose / Green Sun to the reference list of Orchid Horror (thanks, Celeste!)
- fixed artist pages and chronology links always ordering artworks by a track's release date rather than accounting for later art additions (e.g. anthology projects for Homestuck Vol. 5, AlterniaBound, Beyond Canon)
- per guidance from the artist, removed listen links from Perfectly Generic Album and Perfectly Generic Object, which are now going offline-only
- added blood CW tag to Eternity Served Cold (thanks, vriska/leo!)
- added Sburban Jungle to reference list of Void Session (thanks, Niklink!)
(news entry: Wiki Finalization)
- adjusted phrasing on footer and homepage rows to better reflect the wiki in its essentially finalized state
- added art tags across Moons of Theseus (thanks, Celeste!)
- fixed various typos throughout Cosmic Caretakers (thanks, megatti!)
- added Dungeon Theme to reference list of (an ascii image of bowsette) (thanks, Makin!)
- updated description for INHOSPITABLE (thanks, tempest2k!)
(news entry: June Attuned)
- updated CSS styling code to improve site layout on mobile devices
- album/track cover art now displays at full width on thin screens, placing main page content beneath (with wider text area)
- nav bar now displays as a single column of info rows on thin screens, rather than attempting to show track name and artist chronology links side-by-side
- general CSS fixes should help with layout bugs
- added fallback "Track list" track group when an album isn't divided into groups, ensuring the sidebar track list always defaults to collapsed
- added "from (group)" accent text on group info page next to albums which are part of more than one group
- made sections of group page sidebar collapsible/expandable (like album sidebar)
- made cover arts sort by reverse chronological order, placing recent releases near the top
- divided much of 6000-line site generation file
upd8.jsinto a number of smaller, better-organized files
- separated each page generation function into its own module, reducing redundant maintenance, supporting future uses of these modules, and making the codebase a lot easier to navigate and build upon
- begun work on experimental "Thing" class-based (OOP) objects, aiming for better interfacing with objects and to support neat extensible ways of working with objects, data loading, and page generation in the future
- added new Beyond group, and moved many groups previously categorized under Fandom here
- more general group for musical expanse beyond Homestuck official and fandom discographies
- reference and data fixes, courtesy of Niklink:
- new track Flowey's Laugh, referenced by The Lordling, Your Best Nightmare, and A Very Trickster Mode Christmas (With Fancy Santas)
- Nic Cage Romance references How Do I Live
- Kazoostuck references Homestuck
- A Very Trickster Mode Christmas references The One Horse Open Sleigh
- added wallpaper art to Someday
- Pony Chorale now credits Tavia Morra for vocals (thanks, GiovanH!)
- Scientist IDs Bodies Of Migrants, Helping Families Find Closure has updated name and listen link (thanks, tempest2k!)
- made the primary color of a page "bleed" into its backdrop area, subtly tinting pages across the site
- removed the
backdrop-filterCSS effect, which previously would the wallpaper behind the page container to create a "glossy glass" effect, but isn't suported consistently across browsers yet
- grouped the tracks in Diverging Delicacies according to the corresponding portion of the homestuck epilogues (thanks, Niklink and FF!)
- added a Color tag to The Baby is You, so links to it don't just inherit the color of the containing page (e.g. track reference in The Bad Time Is You previously looking green; thanks, Celeste!)
- added soundcloud links for Star I Never Caught, Someday, and Harrigan (thanks, FF!)
- data fixes/tweaks throughout entertaining sound:
- 2016 but all the best memes happen at the same time references Goodbye To The Underground (not Good Night) and Stone halation (not Snow halation)
- oh, 2017? references WOAH!
- added Sweet Victory as the track referenced (i.e. featured) in what year is it
- added bandcamp links to all referenced SilvaGunner tracks
- ty nata for reference fixes and vriska/leo for bandcamp links!
(news entry: the my ex-wife is a real bitch update)
- a whole variety of updates and improvements to album sidebars:
- got rid of the right-hand sidebar, as it was taking up considerable horizontal space; with the new free space, album and track art is featured at a much larger size, as originally intended (same for lyrics, commentary, etc!)
- moved the group boxes that were on the right into the left-sidebar, above the track list on album pages and in a newly compressed view beneath the track list on track pages
- made the track group headings collapsible/openable ("accordion" layout using
<details>elements), so any track can easily be visited from any other track in the same album
- made track groups default to all collapsed on the album page, since a view of all the track groups in full is visible in the main content area (as before), and the collapsed overview makes it easier to quickly jump to tracks in any section
- much thanks to Niklink, for the general proposal of making more room for album art as well as miscellaneous feedback, and megatti, for suggesting the combined group view on track pages!
- banner dimensions are now specified in album data files and included as part of HTML, keeping the layout on album pages with banners from flickering or shifting on slower connections
- a bunch more internal changes:
- began breaking the colossal single source file for the entire site build process into a number of more focused modules, making the codebase as a whole easier to work with; more work to be done here in the future
- rewrote the entire inline parser and transformer for all text content on the site, using a new manual parsing method (rather than pure regexes) which supports nested tags but is still just as performant operating on huge amounts of data
- this will basically enable support for more complex templating down the line, as well as accessing localization strings inside of content areas (like static pages, album commentary, artist contributions, and more)
- JSON data files are now generated for albums and artists as well, although these aren't used anywhere on the site yet, and the data format is subject to change with more brainstorming
- the new Psycholonials full album release, as well as the new EPs leading up to it: Psycholonials EP 8 and Psycholonials EP 9
- since-unlisted albums from Clark Powell, as the original releases for music from Psycholonials:
- also, entertaining sound by jan Misali
- added artist commentary for Alternia, transcribed from album-release commentary booklet
- fixed commentary not showing up at all in MeGaDanceVaNia
- banner refinements and updates from Niklink across many albums:
- better upscale: Homestuck Vol. 5, Homestuck Vol. 6: Heir Transparent, Homestuck Vol. 7: At the Price of Oblivion, Homestuck Vol. 8, Homestuck Vol. 9, Symphony Impossible to Play, One Year Older, Genesis Frog, Cherubim, Tomb of the Ancestors, SBURB OST, Land of Fans and Music 2, Land of Fans and Music 3, Beforus, Weird Puzzle Tunes, Ancestral, Land of Fans and Music 4, Xenoplanetarium, Moons of Theseus
- extend background horizontally: Gristmas Carols, Cosmic Caretakers, Diverging Delicacies, FriendSymphony, Shortcuts, P[S]
- reconstruct: AlterniaBound, coloUrs and mayhem: Universe A, coloUrs and mayhem: Universe B, Psycholonials (and EPs)
- draw more background: Land of Fans and Music, Jailbreak Vol. 1, Ancestral
- font reconstruction: Homestuck Vol. 5, Homestuck Vol. 6: Heir Transparent
- art tag fixes from Celeste in a whole host of albums:
- Alternia (Walls Covered in Blood)
- Ancestral (Signless Protection Squad)
- Beyond Canon (crystal hung in firmament's descent)
- coloUrs and mayhem: Universe A (Jade Sylph, Violet Prince, Nine Lives One Love)
- coloUrs and mayhem: Universe B (Cyan Beast, Battle Brotocol, Rustless Fall)
- Genesis Frog (album art, Our Glorious Speaker, Prospitian Folklore, Consorts' Intermezzo, Frogs' Intermezzo)
- Homestuck Vol. 5 (album art, Clockwork Melody, Octoroon Rangoon, How Do I Live (Bunny Back in the Box Version), Ectobiology, Homestuck)
- Homestuck Vol. 7: At the Price of Oblivion (Terezi Owns, Trial and Execution, Play The Wind)
- Homestuck Vol. 8 (Terraform, Arcade Thunder)
- Homestuck Vol. 9 (Anbroids V2.0, Trepidation, Despot, Negative Aperture, Stargaze)
- Land of Fans and Music 2 (Embittered Shore, Ugly Story)
- Land of Fans and Music 3 (Medium, Courtroom Shuffle, RetroBution (ohgodwhy Remix), Insomniac)
- Land of Fans and Music 4 (Scales, Altitude, Aura of Colour, Thyme On My Fries, Collision Course (Davepeta's Movement), Skaian Rebirth)
- Prospit & Derse (Darkened Streets)
- Rust Apocalypse (album art)
- The Wanderers (Ruins Rising)
- 『H☯MESTUCK VAP☯RWAVE 2016 RUH-RUH-RUH-ＲＥＭＩＸ』アンドレア・ヒューシー・グーグル翻訳 (album art)
- plus, reference fixes in Beforus, Forest Fire, Daywalker ~Rise~, Upward Meowvement (Davepetasprite^2 Owns), and Requited (Dirtiest Remix)...
- as well as typo fixes in The Land of Wind and Shade, Vigilante ~ Cornered, Atomik Meltdown, Starkind, Vigilante, The Drawing of the Four, Reconciled, Emerald Cinders, Prospitian Monody, Ultimate Alchemy, Exsanguinated, Premortem, and Revisit/Rewind commentary too!
- art tag fixes from foreverFlummoxed as well:
- plus art tags for Mobius Trip and Hadron Kaleido
- added Say "I Gotta Believe!" to reference list for GameBro (Original 1990 Mix)
- credits to niklink for noticing makin for noticing someone else noticing this
- added Showtime (Original Mix) and The Beginning of Something Really Excellent to reference list for Confrontation (thanks, Mixolydian!)
- fixed links to album cover art featuring characters on tag pages being broken (thanks, Megatti!)
(news entry: Solo Albums Aplenty)
- added per-album banners, as a compliment to wallpapers (from February)
- currently only show up on album index pages, not track pages, since they can push the content pretty far down
- thanks to Niklink for helping archive and double-check these!
- made background for the content area a glossy, rather than solid, gray; particularly notable on albums with custom wallpapers
- removed Psycholonials row from homepage and replaced New Releases with New Additions, a new type of row showing a diverse selection of the latest albums to be added to the wiki
- added data files for tracks, accessible at
/data/track/<directory>/data.json("directory" means the name of the track as it shows up in permalink URLs, e.g.
- will be extended to albums, artists, etc soon!
- can be accessed from external programs via HTTP request
- will probably also exist as a complete package download for offline use, though this hasn't been done yet
- internal changes as foundations for future updates
- tweaks and improvements to the CLI site build tool
- made the URL/path system generally less complex (and accidentally spent way too long on this!)
- more translation additions and brainstorming for how to work them into more of the site
- implemented the basic design and functionality for info (hover) cards, which are functional but not quite complete and will show up in a release soon
- you can try them out by setting
localStorage.tryInfoCards = truein your browser console!
- only implemented for tracks so far; make use of the data files described above
- you can try them out by setting
- another lovely selection of albums, all from solo artists, summarized below
- from Cristata:
- from Funk McLovin:
- from tempest2k:
- from what is lost in the mines?:
- also, new albums from Psycholonials:
- added banners to album index pages, as mentioned and listed in site changes and data changes sections, respectively
- added new line showing the date the album was added to the wiki near the end of the page (below track listing and above artist commentary)
- added an info line showing which groups an artist has contributed tracks and art under
- added wallpapers for Act 7, P[S], Shortcuts, Tomb of the Ancestors, DELTARUNE Chapter 1 OST, and UNDERTALE Soundtrack
- added banners for AlterniaBound, Cherubim, coloUrs and mayhem: Universe A, coloUrs and mayhem: Universe B, Genesis Frog, Homestuck Vol. 5, Homestuck Vol. 6: Heir Transparent, Homestuck Vol. 7: At the Price of Oblivion, Homestuck Vol. 8, Homestuck Vol. 9, One Year Older, Squiddles!, Symphony Impossible to Play, The Wanderers, Ancestral, Beforus, Cosmic Caretakers, Diverging Delicacies, FriendSymphony, Gristmas Carols, Jailbreak Vol. 1, Labyrinth's Heart, Land of Fans and Music, Land of Fans and Music 2, Land of Fans and Music 3, Land of Fans and Music 4, Moons of Theseus, Oceanfalls Vol. 1, P[S], SBURB OST, Shortcuts, Tomb of the Ancestors, Weird Puzzle Tunes, Xenoplanetarium, and all Psycholonials albums
- updated description of INHOSPITABLE group, courtesy of tempest2k's input
- fixes for Unreleased Tracks, courtesy of foreverFlummoxed:
- fixes for miscellaneous data, courtesy of Niklink:
- added full lists of featured tracks to Psycholonials flashes (instead of just the tracks corresponding to each chapter's album)
- fixed Your Universe being credited to "Marcus Citrine" rather than Marcus Carline (who also wrote The Leaving from Beyond Canon!)
- credited cover and wallpaper art for Hiveswap Act 1 OST and cover art for Hiveswap Act 2 OST to Mallory Dyer
- credited wallpaper art for Hiveswap Friendsim to Danny Cragg, for The Felt to Molly Gur, and for The Wanderers to Lauren Ross
- (all artworks above were previously credited to the catch-all Homestuck)
- fixed artist pages no longer sorting tracks according to their original release date (e.g. on tempest2k, tracks from [INHOSPITABLE DELISTED] were being sorted according to the album rerelease in 2021, rather than the original track releases in 2017)
- fixed sidebar of Unreleased Tracks all being one color, instead of applying distinguishing colors for each track group (thanks, foreverFlummoxed!)
- fixed a few dates at the end of the changelog being formatted inconsistently with the rest of the wiki
- fixed "random" links (e.g. on album pages and Random Pages listing) redirecting to "undefined" URLs instead of the appropriate type directory (track, group, etc)
(news entry: Translation & Renovation)
- translation/localization support:
- nearly all static text on the wiki has been replaced with strings specified in a plain JSON file
- default language for a wiki is generated at the root directory (/) as usual; new languages are in subdirectory (e.g. "/jp/album/diverging-delicacies")
- no languages are newly supported yet, but the localization system is totally tested; see the news entry for details on contributing translations!
- thumbnail support:
- small images (250x250) are used in grids (on homepage, album/artist galleries, etc)
- medium images (400x400) are used on pages with larger cover art (individual track/album pages, etc)
- full-size images (usually 600x600-1200x1200, pulled from public bandcamp listings) are no longer embedded at all, but can still be viewed by clicking on cover arts to zoom in
- previously, every image on the site was full-size! this was particularly terrible for people with slow connections or limited bandwidths
- example stats: download size of scrolling entire homepage reduced from 3.8mb to 0.6mb
- internal renovation across build file:
- (before, after)
- url system restructured:
- link-related bugs are much harder to run into
- link references in content (e.g. "[[album:foo-bar]]") are modularized and can more easily link to anywhere across the wiki
- codebase forks can easily adjust url specification to move parts of the site to different paths (though this isn't yet possible via data file)
- site build time is significantly reduced (since there are far fewer redundant calls to path.relative)
- page write functions restructured
- data required during a page write is gathered once, and then reused across all languages that page is built in, significantly reducing build time across multiple languages
- writePage itself is broken into a few different chunks, which can be referenced individually when needed
- changes tie nicely into url system restructure as well
- shared data variables and functions organized and tidied for simpler access across code
- miscellaneous arguments and specifications across code have been restructured to prefer explicit description before unnecessarily compact formats
- this has the side-effect of making a fair amount of the build logic simpler!
- significantly expanded data validation which happens before any site pages are written
- besides additions for Psycholonials, no new music shared on the wiki this month, as translation and renovation changes took an especially long time to design and implement
- added total duration of music contributed to an album next ot the album date
- display "cover art" and "wallpaper art" lines at the top of an album art contribution list, rather than at the bottom (this had been an accidental code error)
- display flash/game date range next to the "act" (or flash group label), rather than showing every date next to each flash, to make this section much visually cleaner
- removed "Featured in" links, since these were taking up a lot of visual space
- this has been added to Tracks - in Flashes & Games (by Album) instead
- cleaned commentary index layout and strings (e.g. before: "19/20 entries; 8.4k words", after: "8.4k words across 19 entries")
- reference list is only divided into "fandom" and "official" if a group with directory "official" is present in the first place
- this is essentially hard-coded, but is a quick and simple fix for all references on wikis without the concept displaying as "fandom" references
- generally tweaked strings to be more consistent across listings and the site
- added gallery link to Groups - by Name and Groups - by Category listings
- added flash links to Tracks - in Flashes & Games (by Album)
- added album links to Tracks - in Flashes & Games (by Flash)
- added number of uses to Tags - by Name
- implemented Random Pages as an actual listing via the same system as all others
- this is just generally better practice
- it also fixes the Random Pages link not being bold when selected though!
- dozens of internal changes using new link syntax, as well as other internal fixes without user-visible changes
- contributor list changes for consistency across wiki and to remove redundant credit info:
- Showtime (Piano Refrain):
- Aggrieve (Violin Refrain):
- Sburban Countdown:
- Showtime (Imp Strife Mix):
- Requiem for an Exile: remove James Dever, originaly included for composing Requiem
- Spider8ite!!!!!!!!: credit Kalibration for composition as well as choir
- Solar Voyage: credit Marcy Nabors for composition as well as arrangement and vocals (and move to top of list)
- Renewed Return: credit Marcy Nabors for composition as well as bass clarinet (and move to top of list)
- You're A Mean One, Mr. Slick: credit WHATISLOSTINTHEMINES for composition as well as lyrics (and move to top of list)
- Violet and Gold: credit Veritas Unae for composition as well as lyrics (and move to top of list)
- typo fixes, thanks to Megatti:
- renamed Ecstasy (used to be "Ecstacy")
- renamed Till The Last Breath (used to be "Til The Last Breath")
- renamed Aqueous Armagourddon (used to be "Aqueous Armagourdden")
- renamed 50M3 GR347 4C7 0F H3R015M (used to be "5OM3 ...")
- renamed Wisest Wizord (used to be "Wizest Wizord")
- renamed Revisit/Rewind (used to have spaces around slash)
- fixed typo in lyrics for CR1M1N4L, CR1M1N4L (used to be "Hey, crinimal scum, ...")
- added art tags to The Golden Towers and Prospit Dreamers, thanks to Celeste!
- fixed duplicate commentary entries in Doctor and Endless Climb
- removed some old commentary from Sports. RIP
- clarified wallpaper contributions that said "edits" (e.g. Homestuck Vol. 5) to say "edits for wiki"
- album and flash data additions for Psycholonials over the course of the month
(news entry: Retrace, Retexture)
- added per-album wallpapers
- many albums have these, e.g. Homestuck Vol. 5; check "data changes" section for full list
- archive and restore the original presentation of album releases while still keeping a unified design across the whole wiki
- much thanks to Niklink for help collecting and editing these, as well as originally suggesting this feature in December; as well as to the rest of the Discord community for suggestions and feedback!
- added per-album commentary pages
- added distinct news entry pages
- much like "All Commentary", a solitary news page would quickly become unwieldy for most browsers!
- news index now shows headings and short passages instead
- added footer to all pages of the site
- contains feedback and donate links for now; this is totally customizable (see below!)
- added Psycholonials row to homepage
- will be updated as new chapters are released, in independent updates from the main coming March/April releases
- no information for tracks currently unreleased, but we'll revisit this when all chapters and the full soundtrack have been released
- many, many internal changes
- almost all content across the wiki is now totally dynamic; e.g, wiki name and color scheme are stored in a data file
- static pages like Changelog and Donate are no longer hard-coded and can be added or removed without editing the wiki code
- homepage rows can also be customized; while there's only one type of row available currently (albums from list or group and optionally action links), the foundations are there to add more in the future
- most site features, e.g. Flashes & Games, Listings, and News, can now be selectively enabled and disabled
- a variety of changes to the internal text transformer, making longform text in data files (e.g. commentary, lyrics, static pages) much easier to read and write
- code and data repositories have been separated (media as well, but it's not pushed online anywhere yet); CLI tool for actually building the site has been updated accordingly
- all these changes are in service of making running your own wiki off the same codebase accessible and powerful; there's still much to be done before it's totally ready, though
- added another set of new albums, summarized below
- from Michael Guy Bowman:
- from Desynced:
- from Psycholonials:
- added a new group, Homestuck Gaiden, and moved albums there from Unofficial MSPA Fans
- as detailed in "site change" section, removed the "All Commentary" listing, replacing it with individual per-album commentary pages
- there is a new and refined Commentary index though!
- added wallpapers to many albums:
- official: Homestuck Vol. 5, Alternia, Squiddles!, The Felt, Homestuck Vol. 6: Heir Transparent, AlterniaBound, Medium, Homestuck Vol. 7: At the Price of Oblivion, The Wanderers, Homestuck Vol. 8, coloUrs and mayhem: Universe A, coloUrs and mayhem: Universe B, Homestuck Vol. 9, Symphony Impossible to Play, One Year Older, Genesis Frog, [S] Collide., Hiveswap Act 1 OST, Hiveswap Friendsim, Hiveswap Act 2 OST
- fandom: Archive, Land of Fans and Music 4, Gristmas Carols, Cosmic Caretakers, Look On My Works Ye Mighty And Despair, Moons of Theseus, FriendSymphony
- went through all existing warnings for misspelled tracks and fixed 'em:
- ♍ - Let Me Dance, Let Me Glisten now featured in The Light Forms Us
- Giorgio by Moroder now featured in The Dave Strider Experience
- What is a Juggalo? now featured in The Dave Strider Experience
- Verdancy (Bassline) now featured in Jade English - Study for Eclectic Bass, 1984.1
- Virgin Orb now featured in Recordare, Virgo Mater
- Dissension (Original) now featured in The Puppet Master
- Nova Solis now featured in Singularity
- Showtime (Original Mix) now featured in Skaian Dreams (Remix)
- Skies of Skaia now featured in Skaian Dreams (Remix)
- Softbit (Original GFD Please Shut the Fuckass Mix By Request Demo Version) now featured in Softbit
- Outer Reaches [Veil] now featured in Emissary of Dance
- Layers Upon Layers [Build] now featured in Emissary of Dance
- CumuloSeerus [Oracle Clouds] now featured in Emissary of Dance
- On Golden Dreams [Prospit] now featured in Emissary of Dance
- Metamorphic Choices [Kernel Prototyping] now featured in Horizontal Headshot
- Gods of the New World [Universe Creation] now featured in Dance of the Dead
- ♊ - The Mituna Method now featured in The Gemoni Mustard Blood
- Upward Movement (Dave Owns) now featured in Collision Course (Davepeta's Movement)
- Frost now featured in A Farewell to Arms
- Dissension (Original) now featured in A Farewell to Arms
- Beatdown (Strider Style) now featured in A Farewell to Arms
- Lulling Lutescent [Prospit Sleep] now featured in On Golden Dreams [Prospit]
- did the same for altogether missing tracks, too:
- Brobot Scrimmage now featured in Constituent Hearts
- Character Theme for Dirk Strider now featured in Constituent Hearts
- Chucklevoodoo Waltz now featured in Phantasmagoria
- CONTACT now featured in Revisit/Rewind
- Contra now featured in Revisit/Rewind
- DAVE STRIDER'S COOL MIXTAPE now featured in The Light's Rebellion
- [S] Dirk: Unite Synchronization (WITH LYRICS) now featured in Constituent Hearts
- Distortion Navigator now featured in |||Optic Duelist|||
- Fate of the Heir now featured in |||Optic Duelist|||
- Four Kids and a Game They Play Together now featured in Four Kids (and a Game They Played Together)
- Good Morning, Dirk now featured in Constituent Hearts
- Heart Beat now featured in Constituent Hearts
- I Am An Island now featured in Constituent Hearts
- Intro now featured in -Omega- Timeline
- Intro now featured in Revisit/Rewind
- Isn't This "Is This the End?" Again? now featured in Is This the End?
- Lord Spanish now featured in Revisit/Rewind
- Midnight Suffer now featured in Midnight
- Muse of Nanchos now featured in Revisit/Rewind
- Moshi Moshi? now featured in While the Iron's Hot
- Moshi Moshi? now featured in Horizontal Headshot
- Moshi Moshi? now featured in One and a Half Midnight
- Moshi Moshi? now featured in Revisit/Rewind
- Rematch now featured in Constituent Hearts
- Sburban Resolution now featured in Horizontal Headshot
- Shut Me Down now featured in Constituent Hearts
- Stay in Touch now featured in Horizontal Headshot
- Smackdown now featured in Thyme On My Fries
- Synchronize now featured in Constituent Hearts
- The Engineer now featured in Constituent Hearts
- Tick now featured in Revisit/Rewind
- Unintentional Touhou now featured in Revisit/Rewind
- Celestial Fantasia now featured in Raise of the Conductor's Baton
- Thunderhead now featured in Infinity's Lament
- we will thankfully never have to do either of the above again
- added and updated lyrics for a bunch of tracks from Homestuck Gaiden, courtesy as ever of Niklink:
- from Homestuck for the Holidays: Time for a Story, The More You Know, The Squiddles Save Christmas, Billy the Bellsuit Diver Has Something to Say, Squiddly Night, The Santa Claus Interdimensional Travel Sleigh, Candlelight, Oh, No! It's the Midnight Crew!, Hella Sweet, Shit, Let's Be Santa, Choo Choo, Oh God, Christmas!, A Very Special Time
- from Jailbreak Vol. 1: Drillgorg, Retrobution, A Common Occurrance (Every Night, To Be Exact)
- from Land of Fans and Music: SadoMasoPedoRoboNecroBestiality, Nakkadile, Jack and Black Queen, SWEET BRO AND HELLA JEFF SHOW
- from Tomb of the Ancestors: ETERNAL SUFFERING, Spider8ite!!!!!!!!
- updated a bunch of references in UNDERTALE Soundtrack and DELTARUNE Chapter 1 OST, courtesy of foreverFlummoxed:
- Snowy now featured in Snowdin Town
- CORE now featured in Death by Glamour (and It's Showtime! moved to end of reference list)
- Undertale now featured in The Choice (slowed down 666%)
- Undertale now featured in Hopes and Dreams
- Hopes and Dreams now featured in SAVE the World
- Hopes and Dreams now featured in Final Power
- Start Menu now featured in Menu (Full)
- SAVE the World now featured in Last Goodbye
- Once Upon a Time now featured in Beginning (instead of featuring Beginning, which was a typo)
- Nightmare Knight now featured in The Door
- One Fateful Night now featured in Weird Birds
- ANOTHER HIM now featured in Darkness Falls
- Determination now featured in THE HOLY
- added lyrics to CAREFREE VICTORY (REMIX), courtesy of foreverFlummoxed and nata
- added missing bonus tracks to Jailbreak Vol. 1
- added Namco High and its tracks as part of Unreleased Tracks
- moved A Baby Legend - The Baby is 2 to Unreleased Tracks, since it's not actually part of the original The Baby is You release
- added A History of Babies to the reference list of A Baby Legend - The Baby is 2
- added English to the reference list of The Puppetmaster
- added Flare (Cascade) and Savior of the Dreaming Dead (Cascade Cut) to the reference list of Cascade
- added art content warnings for Black, Blackest Heart, Clockwork Reversal, Trails, Temporal Piano, Time Paradox, English
- credited original track art of Killed by BR8K Spider!!!!!!!! to Lexxy instead of Homestuck
- credited original track art of The Blind Prophet to Hanni Brosh instead of Homestuck
- changed the youtube playlist link for Jailbreak Vol. 1
- fixed description of The Genesis Project missing correctly formatted split
- removed bandcamp links for Labyrinth's Heart
- removed wikipedia links across the site, replacing with youtube video links where relevant
- updated flash credits for [S] ACT 7 and [S] ==>
- fixed certain tracks showing up twice in artist track lists
(news entry: Traversing Fandom)
- added wallpaper and refined site layout
- the current wallpaper is pulled from More from Homestuck and might be changed or expanded upon in future updates
- a margin has been applied to the whole site layout, centering content to better visually balance it
- "skip to content" and "skip to sidebar" buttons have been added, and show up when navigating using the tab key
- tweaked the homepage with updated links, e.g. to new Discord and Donate pages, and updated wording across existing info pages
- added a wide variety of new albums, summarized below
- from Unofficial MSPA Fans:
- from Oceanfalls:
- from Tee-vee:
- from Toby Fox:
- from tempest2k:
- new feature! groups are collections of fan albums, organized under a dedicated page for an external group or project.
- groups exist in three categories: HSMusic, Fan-musician groups, and Projects beyond Homestuck
- HSMusic: overall structure for the wiki, containing Official Discography and Fandom, into which nearly all albums are categorized
- Fan-musician groups: collaborative groups of fan-musicians releasing music under a single name, e.g. Casual Sunday and Unofficial MSPA Fans
- Projects beyond Homestuck: groups centered around a particular work, usually inspired by Homestuck, e.g. UNDERTALE & DELTARUNE and Oceanfalls
- groups each have two "tabs" or views: Info and Gallery
- Info: this displays the full description for a group, and then a chronological list of albums (and their years of release)
- Gallery: replacing the previously dedicated pages for official and fandom albums, this displays a list of albums organized with their latest first, and has a short info line summarizing stats about the group
- miniature group "infoboxes" are displayed on the right side of album and track pages
- this design (alongside much of this update's layout changes) is inspired by the site layout of Bandcamp
- contains a short catchline introducing the group, links to visit the external homes of the group (e.g. its own Bandcamp or project links), and chronology links to navigate the previous and next albums within the group
- displayed at the bottom of the page in compact layout (e.g. when on a mobile device)
- every artist who has contributed track or album cover art, e.g. Elanor Pam, now has a gallery page; these are much the same as tag gallery pages but for artists
- YouTube links for individual tracks no longer attach their playlist, because this was deemed Mostly Just Impractical in discussion
- added six new listings, for the new groups feature:
- adjusted the order of existing listings, to make them hopefully a little easier to navigate
- renamed the "Tracks - in Flashes & Games (by First Feature)" listing to "... (by Flash)" and considerably restructured it, effectively making it into a compact summary of the Flashes & Games portion of the site
- removed ?list parts from all track links
- added new album and group data (see respective above changelog sections)
- miscellaneous changes to Unreleased Tracks (thanks for PQ and Hiveswap changes go to foreverFlummoxed, Niklink, and tempest2k!)
- added new tracks 01 through 16, Flute Refrain, Miracles, and Sick Bleats, and moved existing tracks Captain Planet and the Planeteers End Title, Ghostbusters, I Don't Want to Miss a Thing, and Hero's Growth, to the Tracks featured in Homestuck section
- added new tracks Friendvangelion Rebuild, it's a cover of 'made of time', and IT'S NOTHING to the Tracks featured in Pesterquest section
- added it's a cover of 'made of time' to the reference list of yeah, it is
- moved Seer of Same-Color Scalemate Combos from Other tracks originating outside of Homestuck to Other Homestuck tracks
- renamed "DRONE_PQ" to the drone rhythmic motif which can be found in act 1 and act 2 and gave it track art from tempest2k's PESTERQUEST OST collection
- renamed "THIS TIME ITS ERIDAN (I FORGOT WHAT I NAMED THIS)" to Busker's Theme mk II and added commentary from James Roach's tumblr
- removed a bunch of tracks that were moved into UNDERTALE Soundtrack
- miscellaneous changes to data for Flashes & Games
- added new "flash" page Vriska: What's his deal????????, featuring How Do I Live
- added new "flash" page Dave: Answer Gamzee, featuring Miracles
- added 2chords to Skip to The Trolls, Dragons and Dairy, Blood and Binary, Wow Pesterquest Your Mom Lets You Have Two Fish ?, The Call Of Leadership, Thats right ADVENTURE!!!!, Friendship Wozard, and Just Go Ahead Now
- added it's a cover of 'made of time', IT'S NOTHING, and END OF FRIENDVANGELION to Team Charge
- replaced Sburban Jungle with Sburban Jungle (Brief Mix) in [S] ==>
- replaced "pseudo-tracks" with actual, credited tracks in [S] ==>, [S] Jade: Play a silly flute refrain, [S] Equius: Seek the highb100d, and [S] ACT 6
- replaced the individual component tracks with Cascade in [S] Cascade.
- removed "Loading..." easter egg from [S][A6I3] ==>, but not before archiving it for you, personally
- interweaved tracks in Hiveswap Act 2 according to their position in the game (thanks, FF!)
- added Austin, Atlantis to the reference list of THE RAREST. AND MOST INTERPRETIVE. DANCE MEATCABRE.
- added Limelight, 暗闇の中の光, and Glide to the reference list of Come
- added Cross Examination to the reference list of Ticket to Ride: Down with the Clown
- added Ticket to Ride: Rusty to the reference list of SERVICE CAR (reflecting it already being in the re-release track Shell Game)
- added Amen, Brother and Your Best Nightmare to the reference list of Galactic Princess Selene Opening 1
- added link to the Vol. 5 Anthology Presentation to commentary of Homestuck Vol. 5
- added art tags for the cover of Hiveswap Friendsim
- added blood content warning for the cover of Game Over
- attributed cover of Homestuck Vol. 6: Heir Transparent to Andrew Hussie rather than Homestuck
- updated the playlist link for Hiveswap Friendsim to better reflect its official track listing, and added youtube links to yall know i just do the music right and later tracks
- updated the link for Problem Sleuth Theme, since the original upload went offline (thanks to the uploader for messaging me about this!)
- fixed the lyrics of Ascend mistakenly showing up in Starfall instead
- miscellaneous artist name fixes
- added Shrek
(news entry: Launch of HSMusic.wiki!)
- redesigned the homepage from the ground up to be a better landing page for the wiki!
- three groupings for the wiki index: New Releases, Fandom, Official, showing just a few so it's easy to navigate, with new buttons to view a complete grid listing
- moved the "Explore the site!" links over to the newly wiki-wide header, placing albums front and center while leaving navigation links readily accessible
- added a sidebar to the homepage, listing recent news entries parallel with albums
- improved navigation all around the site, making the wiki as a whole more consistent
- added lazy loading for images, so landing pages shouldn't take up nearly as much data, and will load quicker (especially noticeable for the Flashes & Games index!)
- adjusted the styling for grouped listings (previously used only for Unreleased Tracks) as they become more common (see data changes section)
- new feature! tags are used for two things: categorizing track art by character, and displaying content warnings.
- added a tag list beneath most track and album arts describing characters in the image and linking to their gallery pages
- added tag gallery pages under the Listings section, showing a grid of all the track and album covers which are tagged with that character
- added content warnings for common triggers (alcohol, body horror, etc), blurring out the image and showing warning tags until it is clicked and revealed
- some extra wiki-wide stats are displayed on the Listings index!
- divided the Artists - by Contributions and Artists - by Latest Contribution listings into two columns for easier exploring: "Track Contributors" and "Track & Flash Contributors"
- added two new listings, for the new tags feature:
- made the index of the current track show next to the track name in the navbar
- made the start and end indexes of each group show next to group names in the sidebar
- divided the sidebar into groups for a bunch of albums (see data changes section)
- fixed a bug where chronology links (e.g "413th track by Toby Fox") for track artists weren't being displayed anymore
- fixed a bug where artists with zero contributions (e.g. only commentary) would display as "( c.)" instead of "(0 c.)" in artist listings
- fixed a bug where flash names would always have the dot at the end of the name removed, instead of only when punctuation follows
- fixed some bugs with release date code where the Artists - by Latest listing would not count unique dates of cover art contributions (e.g. in anthology projects where fanart is added after the release of the album), and where the cover art release date displayed on album pages was ambiguous (previously it displayed the date of track art for the whole album; now it displays - or, if it is the same as album release, does not display - the date of cover art for the album itself)
- fixed a bug on artist pages where tracks that are featured in more than one flash would display flashes past the first feature as "1", "2", "3", etc, instead of the actual flash names
- fixed a bug on artist pages where co-artists of tracks (but not track art) weren't being displayed anymore
- fixed a bug where the random official album link in the Random Pages listing would instead open a random track across the whole site
- made all the links on the Random Pages listing behave more like regular links (ctrl-click works for example)
- five new albums archived: Hiveswap Act 2 OST, Homestuck for the Holidays, Tomb of the Ancestors, The Genesis Project: Volume 1, Oceanfalls Vol. 3; plus the track Perfectly Generic Object
- grouped tracks in a bunch of releases: Alternia, Squiddles!, Strife!, AlterniaBound, Homestuck Vol. 7: At the Price of Oblivion, The Wanderers, Homestuck Vol. 1-4, Homestuck Vol. 8, coloUrs and mayhem: Universe A, coloUrs and mayhem: Universe B, Homestuck Vol. 9, One Year Older, Genesis Frog, SBURB OST, Land of Fans and Music 2, Land of Fans and Music 3, Beforus, Ancestral, Land of Fans and Music 4, and Hiveswap Act 1 OST
- a bunch of additions to coloUrs and mayhem: Universe A and various credited artists, working with help from tempest2k and Bambosh:
- added bonus art by Astrom to Olive Rogue
- added lyrics to Iron Infidel and Bronze Page
- added commentary to Fuchsia Ruler and Gold Mage
- added some remastered/remixed released of tracks: Boy Skylark, Gold Mage [Playtime is Over Mix], Rags of Rust, Teal Wings and Scales, and Violet Sea Breeze
- fixed mis-double-crediting...
- updated the youtube link for Purple Tyrant to be the official upload
- a bunch of tweaks and reference fixes thanks to an emailer:
- added to reference lists...
- Crustacean and Sunsetter (to The Broken Clock)
- Showtime (Piano Refrain) (to Farewell)
- Sburban Jungle (to Waiting For Adventure [Loading Screen])
- Skaian Skuffle (to Skaian Shuffle)
- Terra (to Terraform)
- Hawkeye (to Davesprite)
- Jane's Dragon (to Jane Dargason)
- Before Before the Beginning (to Before the Beginning and After the End)
- I'm a Member of the Midnight Crew (to I'm a Member of the Midnight Crew (Post-Punk Version) - this was a typo fix in the data)
- added Tavia Morra to Ocean Stars Falling's contributor list (per M.J.B's commentary)
- added more commentary for Eternity Served Cold
- fixed a typo in the commentary credits for Flare (With Vocals) (which left it missing on horizon's page)
- fixed some typos in the commentary for Thought and Flow and Minihoof's Adventure
- attributed Skaia Voyages to Seth Peelle instead of Clark Powell, per Vol. 10 listening stream
- added to reference lists...
- tweaked the Unreleased Tracks album layout once again!
- Tracks featured in Homestuck
- Unreleased Homestuck tracks
- Tracks featured in Pesterquest
- Tracks originating outside of Homestuck
- Tracks featured in Homestuck
- Tracks featured in Hiveswap Friendsim
- Tracks featured in Pesterquest
- Other Homestuck tracks
- Other tracks originating outside of Homestuck
- a bunch of tweaks and updates for lyrics, working with emailer Niklink: Dawn of Man, No Release, Fly, Lies With The Sea, Chain Of Prospit, Pumpkin Tide, Black, Octoroon Rangoon, How Do I Live (Bunny Back in the Box Version), Dupliblaze COMAGMA, mIrAcLeS, Squiddles!, Tentacles, Squiddles in Paradise, Catchyegrabber (Skipper Plumbthroat's Song), Plumbthroat Gives Chase, Squiddles the Movie Trailer - The Day the Unicorns Couldn't Play, Carefree Princess Berryboo, Mister Bowman Tells You About the Squiddles, Let the Squiddles Sleep (End Theme), Friendship Aneurysm, GameBro (Original 1990 Mix), I Don't Want to Miss a Thing, Gaia Queen, Nic Cage Song, Arisen Anew, Chaotic Strength, The Blind Prophet, Cobalt Thief, Your Universe, Temporal Shenanigans, Squiddle Song, Battle Brotocol, Busting Makes Me Feel Good, I'm a Member of the Midnight Crew (Post-Punk Version), Frustracean, Creata, You Killed My Father (Prepare To Die), Ascend, Renewed Return, Broom Temperature, Frondly Warning, exclusion zone, The Leaving, and Four Kids (and a Game They Played Together)
- added the unlisted bonus track it's good to see you again to One Year Older!
- added commentary flavor texts based on original bandcamp pages (also courtesy Niklink) to these albums: Mobius Trip and Hadron Kaleido, The Wanderers, Prospit & Derse, Cherubim, and Hiveswap Friendsim
- added full commentary for Rise of the Denizens from Land of Fans and Music 2!
- added better resolution track art for Vagabounce Remix (leaving The Wanderers with complete high-resolution track art!)
- added I Don't Want to Miss a Thing to the feature list of [S] ==>
- added tracks from Hiveswap Act 1 OST and Hiveswap Act 2 OST to the new flash pages Hiveswap Act 1 and Hiveswap Act 2, which also include contributor credits (art, animation, etc)
- changed the color of the Hiveswap Friendsim album to match the Flashes & Games section for that game
- gave the Hiveswap Friendsim flash thumbnails a fresh coat of paint to match Pesterquest, and added unofficial track art for tracks featured in Pesterquest courtesy of tempest2k
- fixed the bandcamp link for Hiveswap Act 1 OST and added the missing bandcamp link for Homestuck Vol. 10
- fixed the missing track art for The Mechanism
- fixed a bunch more typos in commentary, particularly for albums One Year Older, Land of Fans and Music 2, and Homestuck Vol. 10
- fixed a typo which was keeping Toccata and Fugue in D minor from showing up in the reference list of Pipeorgankind
- fixed a typo which was keeping >tfw another james roach track from showing up in the feature list of Of Text and Envy, Green
- fixed typos which were messing up the durations of Elegy for a Thief (Dreamscape Remix) and I Don't Want to Miss a Thing
- removed a duplicate youtube link for SPLIT REALITY
- added credit links to these artists: Asiul, Dallas Ross Hicks, David DeCou, David Dycus, Dawn Davis, Digidigi66, dodostad, Elanor Pam, Erik Scheele, fenkko, First Turn Fold, Gabe Stilez, Hanni Brosh, Ian White, paradiddlesjosh, James Roach, J.N. Wiedle, Kevin Grant, Kitsu, Kurimja, Koukouvayia, Leslie Hung, Lynnai Hicks, Marcus Carline, Mark J. Hadley, Max Wright, Michael Guy Bowman, Molly Gur, Plumegeist, Rah-Bop, Seth Peelle, Shannon, Soju, Sukka, Tavia Morra, Temmie Chang, Tensei, The-Everlasting-Ash, Thomas Ferkol, ToastyGlow, Will Kommor, Willow Ascenzo, pixelseph, Killian Ng, Willow Ascenzo, Zilon, ZowerLemon
- added a bunch of new artist pages for those whose contributions are showing up on the wiki for the first time (e.g. several contributors to Hiveswap Act 1)
- artist links will now have icons to jump directly to their personal websites most places they're linked
- moved the "tracks featured in" section above the "contributors" section, since the contributor list gets quite long in some cases
- plus a variety of additions, see data changes section
- three new solo albums archived: Labyrinth's Heart, I Am Writing Myself A Dream In A Letter, Exceptis Excipiendis; plus the 2011 collaborative album Jailbreak Vol. 1
- added track art for Alternia and AlterniaBound, brought over from the Alternia/Bound track art anthology projects!
- added album links to the index pages for Shortcuts and P[S], since i forgot them last time (oops!)
- added bandcamp links to the rereleased album Prospit & Derse, plus remastered track art for Hallowed Halls!
- added thumbnail art for [S] Ride.
- added a bunch of pages for artists/contributors that were previously left linkless
- added new flash pages for [S][A6A6I5] ====> and [S???] ======> (sorry, [S??????] ==> isn't getting the same treatment! :P)
- added missing durations on Galaxy Hearts, Fighting Spirit, Joy And Dreams Eternal, Master of Puppets, and Bill Bolin's removed tracks (thanks, foreverFlummoxed!)
- added better resolution track art for Tomahawk Head
- copied flash art credits info from Homestuck's Art Credits page
- fixed Blood and Binary featuring Requiem (from Sburb) instead of Requiem (from Labyrinth's Heart)
- fixed [S] John: Sleep. and [S] John: Wake up. featuring "John Sleeps - Skaian Magicant" instead of John Sleeps / Skaian Magicant
- fixed contributor credits for Minihoof's Adventure to correctly attribute vocals to Tavia Morra (was crediting "Tavio Morra")
- fixed contributor credits for Renewed Return to correctly attribute percussion to Jamie Paige Stanley (was crediting "Jamie Paige Stanely")
- fixed contributor credits for ♏Spider's Eclipse♏ to consistently capitalize magnoliajades
- fixed missing track art credits on Meta Choices [Options]
- fixed loads of typos made while transcribing commentary booklets for AlterniaBound, Land of Fans and Music, and Homestuck Vol. 10, plus a few stray tracks throughout the rest of the discography (going to get to the rest of the albums too, but didn't have time before release!)
- renamed the track Lavender Lullaby [Derse Sleep] (it used to be spelled "Lullably")
- renamed the track ~~ADDITIONAL MAYHEM~~ (it used to be spelled "aditional")
- renamed the artist saffronScarf to Hanni Brosh and fixed their DeviantArt link
- renamed the artist Shad to Shad Andrews
- renamed the ambiguous artist "Kat" to Kato in The Obsidian Towers, and to Nyanface in Gilded Sands, Cumulating Dreams, Buy NAK Sell DOOF, Nakkadile, Planet in Shadow [Derse], and Paradoxical Meteor Shower [Reckoning]
- added artist links for Bea, Pride, Kato, and Shad Andrews (per credits in Prospit & Derse Bandcamp release)
- two new albums archived, both from Casual Sunday (a group of the artists behind countless homestuck tracks): Shortcuts and P[S]
- added durations to every track, and rough total sums to album and artist pages
- added keybindings (shift+N, shift+P, shift+R) for common navigation (respectively next, previous, random) on track, album, and flash pages
- six new listings:
- restructured the Unreleased Tracks album to be broken into four reorganized sections
- added the track Friendship Aneurysm to the Squiddles! album
- added some unreleased tracks by artists from the music team: Arisen Anew (Remaster), Cascade (Director's Cut)
- added a bunch of commentary for Narrative Command
- added lyrics for GameBro (Original 1990 Mix), GameGrl (Original 1993 Mix), Remember Me When I Am Gone Away, Magical Hopalong Cassidy Station, and An Apple Disaster!!
- renamed the track John Sleeps / Skaian Magicant (it used to contain a dash)
- renamed the track The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny (there used to be a typo)
- added links to youtube pages for tracks, not just albums
- added playlist links for [S] Collide. and Prospit & Derse
- added contribution credits to Buy NAK Sell DOOF
- tweaked the reference data for FIDUSPAWN, GO!, The Blind Prophet, Highland Thunder, Irrelevance Event Horizon, Hero's Growth, and The Brave and the Bronze to show more referenced tracks
- fixed the bandcamp link for Another Jungle (it was previously linking to Skaianet)
- fixed the commentary for Princess of Helium being attributed to Clark Powell instead of Tavia Morra
- fixed the commentary for Violet Mariner being attributed to... "Violet Mariner" instead of Willow Ascenzo
- fixed the commentary for Despot not showing up at all
- fixed the link formatting in One Year Older commentary, so that they are automatically color-coded
- fixed a typo in the commentary attribution for Another Chance
- fixed the flash [S][A6I3] ==> incorrectly referencing "G4M3BL0RG" instead of G4M38L0RG
- fixed the flash [S] WHEEEEEEEEEEE! incorrectly being named "[S] WHddddddEEEEE!" and referencing "A Very Trickster Mode Christmas (WHddddddEEEEE!)" instead of A Very Trickster Mode Christmas (WHEEEEEEEEEEE!)
- fixed the flash [S][A6A6I4] ====> incorrectly referencing Elevatorstuck and "with Meows" instead of Elevatorstuck, with Meows
- changed the playlist links for a few albums (to official or better organized playlists)
- changed existing youtube links to include the album playlist
- generally aimed to include links to as many official releases as possible, including making new playlists which include these and can be updated as more are found (feel free to drop a contact! much thanks to an emailer for helping out with this part of the update)
- changed the links of theese tracks to not be extended releases: 108 Stars of Density, Crab Waltz, Darling Dolorosa, Elevatorstuck, with Meows, G4M38L0RG, GameGlr, Hero's Growth, The Brave and the Bronze
- fixed the YouTube link for Trickster Mode (Blast Off) (it was linking to the video for Trickster Mode (Engage))
- reworked the way pages are generated to fix random buttons not working
- changed the date format from "YYYY-MM-DD" (e.g. 2009-04-13) to "day, month name, year" (13 April 2009), as i meant to last update
- changed the "and more to be added soon" text at the bottom of the fandom album list to "and more to be added at your request", and linked it to the feedback page
- made track links on the changelog page color-coded
- made album links everywhere color-coded, too
- tweaked some margin styling so grouped lists should look better all around the site
- added two new flashes, both featuring Fear of the Heavens: [S][o] ==> and [S][A6A6I4] ====>
- added another "flash", this one (indirectly) featuring Problem Sleuth Theme: John: Examine games on CD rack.
- added Nic Cage Romance to the list of tracks featured in [S] Past Karkat: Wake up.
- moved those last two tracks (Problem Sleuth Theme, Nic Cage Romance) over to the "Tracks featured in Homestuck" section of Unreleased Tracks
- added a new track Onett Theme to the list of tracks referenced in Secret ROM
- hid Unreleased Tracks from the Albums - by Date and Tracks - by Date listings
- a new Changelog page! you are probably reading it now.
- two new albums: Rust Apocalypse by Willow Ascenzo, and the follow-up to Beforus, Ancestral!
- flash pages now have links at which they can be listened, besides just on homestuck.com! most importantly: links to HD recordings, so they can be watched at good resolution on any device
- previously, all tracks required a URL to be added to the wiki; now, for tracks which don't have any links to be listened at online (but are still referenced by other tracks), they have been added alongside a message saying there aren't any listening links
- as such, another full pass through NSND has been completed, and many tracks which weren't present on the wiki before have been added to the newly reorganized Unreleased Tracks album!
- the All Commentary listing page has been tweaked so that links in commentary will follow the color of the album the commentary is from
- the listing index shows its list in the main content area now too, for when the sidebar is collapsed (see below!)
- a new navigation header added to every album, track, flash, and listing page, making the site considerably more usable on any device
- the header has links to the previous and next (or random) track/flash, and chronology links have been moved into the header too, so you don't need to scroll to the bottom of the page to access them
- on top of redoing the sidebar-header layout, changes to styling (collapsing the sidebar when the screen isn't very wide, for example) have made the site usable on mobile devices now!
- also, some changes to the way pages are generated, to make the site usable from hit command-line web browser Lynx
- thanks to the folx who contributed art to and organized the Beyond Canon Track Art Anthology, the Beyond Canon album now has track art!
- this anthology also came with a commentary booklet, and that (alongside the sketches contained!) has been transcribed into the wiki!
- another four new fandom albums! SBURB OST, Beforus, Strife 2, Perfectly Generic Album
- the entire homepage has been restructured, placing official albums from the music team for Homestuck^2: Beyond Canon front and center, and generally adding flare to the rest of the page too
- a <meta> tag has been added to the homepage, so hsmusic's search result that comes up when you look up "homestuck music wiki" is a lot prettier
- links to listen to the full album have finally been added to album pages, including bandcamp as well as youtube links (both full album and playlist) wherever available
- chronology links now contain credits for cover artists, so they'll show up on album pages too
- chronology links for contributors to tracks as well as the main musicians! check out You Killed My Father (Prepare To Die) by team dogfight, for example
- chronology links have been added to flash pages too!
- artist pages - both musicians and cover artists - now have links to explore their work outside of homestuck
- many, many artists whose names are either typo'd or out of date or otherwise duplicate have been updated, making artist pages a considerably more reliable resource than they were before
- behind the scenes, lots of code changes to make accidentally typo'd or duplicate artist names much more difficult
- "chronology links" have been added to the bottom of the sidebar on track pages
- these let you follow through the history of an artist's contributions without having to navigate back and forth between their own artist page
- the new official album Beyond Canon has been transcribed! pretty minimal commentary and no track art, as yet.
- pages for the routes of Hiveswap: Friendsim and Pesterquest were added to the Flashes page!
- the new "flash" pages contain full credits for their authors and asset artists, and these can be explored like any other link
- per foreverFlummoxed's excellent page-checking, a bunch of typos and missing track art around the site have been fixed!
- the Sburb solo album was rereleased by its artist, so Bandcamp links have been copied to its track pages, as have the new commentary released with it
- four new albums archived (and their booklets transcribed): Land of Fans and Music, Land of Fans and Music 2, Land of Fans and Music 3, and Land of Fans and Music 4
- (the commentary booklets transcribed here are hilarious and very insightful and there are a bunch of easter eggs - check them out!)
- another new "album", Unreleased Tracks, containing tracks which were never released but were either referenced in released tracks or included in flash animations
- the text of the link to the feedback page has been changed from "Feedback" to "Feedback & Suggestions"
- two new listings: Tracks - by Times Referenced and Random Pages
- these got their share of randomness too, in the form of a new "Random Track" link at the bottom of the sidebar
- cover art can now have a distinct release date from the album, which is the case for anthology projects that organize art for an album after it has been released
- track credit listings already showed collaborators in contribution lines; now cover art credits do too, e.g. the page for Mika B..
- the Homestuck Vol. 5 Anthology has been mirrored in the Homestuck Vol. 5 album page
- a new feature acknowledgements section has been added to the About & Credits page
- a bunch of code changes to make expanding the wiki a fair bit less difficult
- the homepage is now split into two sections: "Fandom" and "Official"
- only one fandom album now, Diverging Delicacies, but more to come soon
- the official album grid listing was changed to sort the newest releases closest to the top of the page, as bandcamp orders releases, to keep consistent with the fandom grid listing (where we want new releases to stand out right away)
- the "tracks that referenced" list is now grouped into two sections: official and fandom
- a CSS change targeting the homepage inadvertently made the headings on the flash index look very fancy, and i kept this because it looks cool
- link to the new Flashes index page
- an individual page for each flash, and a new grid-style index (like the homepage) to collect them all, grouped by act
- each flash gets its own unique thumbnail (except A6I4 flashes, please forgive me troll clown jegus)
- every flash page has a link to play the flash on homestuck.com, its page number, release date, and a list of the tracks featured in it
- the code to generate sidebar was absolute hell to write
- a track's page will list the flashes in which it's been referenced, e.g. Elevatorstuck
- within the list of tracks an artist has contributed music to, if that track has been featured in any flashes, those will be listed on the track's contribution line
- switched a couple artist names around, for consistency with credits in the latest release (Homestuck Vol. 10)
- added a new Feedback page, with links to contact me; this is also linked from the homepage
- copied commentary for the Sburb album, per descriptions of the YouTube videos
- copied commentary from James Roach on twitter about his contributions to the [S] Collide. album
- copied over official commentary booklets for three official albums - AlterniaBound, One Year Older, Homestuck Vol. 10 - beginning a long tale of booklet transcription going forward
- added a new section to track pages for lyrics, e.g. on Temporal Shenanigans
- added two new listing pages: Tracks - with Lyrics and All Commentary
homepage / "About & Credits"
- moved the intro message to a new About & Credits page
- structured the site credits list more nicely there
- added a new "Explore the site!" box on the homepage, linking to the about page as well as the new listings index
- all linked from listings index, accessible through the sidebar
- there are nine of these but if you doubt i'm going to list them all, you're wrong
- Albums - by Name: every album, sorted alphabetically
- Albums - by Date: every album, sorted chronologically (at the time this was no different than the homepage grid listing's sort, but today it contains fandom albums interweaved with official ones)
- Albums - by Tracks: every album, sorted by number of tracks
- Artists - by Name: every artist, sorted by name (this also shows the number of contributions each artist has made next to their name)
- Artists - by Commentary: every artist, sorted by number of commentary entries
- Artists - by Contributions: every artist, sorted by number of contributions (times credited as a contributor, to music or art, on any track or album)
- Tracks - by Name: every track, sorted alphabetically
- Tracks - by Album: every track, grouped by album
- Tracks - by Date: every track, grouped by release date
- artist page credit listings have been sigificantly restructured (before, after)
- contributions are now grouped by album (or more specifically, by release date, which is noteworthy in the case of Homestuck Vol. 1-4, which was originally released over a period of four distinct dates, plus one for the final compiled album release)
- because it's easy to see where tracks are referenced now, dim contribution lines (showing tracks which reference a track by the specific artist, but were not otherwise contributed to by them) have been removed
- the lists aren't numbered anymore because, with this grouping, it was sort of ambiguous whether that referred to a track's position in the album or if it was a continuous counter of the artist's contributions (it was the latter); both such counters can now be displayed by holding still the cursor over a contribution line for a moment
- removed a few referenced-track contributions i'd missed switching to the new format (distinct reference lists) earlier
- copied cover art from this archive, which was originally compiled by clicking each cover art off the bandcamp to get a higher-resolution cover art (it is intentionally still less than the resolution gotten in purchased album downloads, for particularly high-res art)
- commentary for Hiveswap Act 1 OST
- got rid of the twitter link on my name and added two links in its place - my twitter and reddit accounts - as well as a note that suggestions and feedback are welcome
- track references show up in a dedicated list now
- forward-facing reference links: track pages list not just the tracks they reference, but the tracks which reference them
- reference data is from NSND (credited on the homepage)
- "listen on" links show up before the contributor list instead of after; reference list after contributor list
- at the very bottom, a new section for artist commentary, largely copied from this pastebin
- added a message describing dim contribution lines: "Dim tracks are tracks that this artist contributed only a based-upon song to."
- for tracks with multiple contributors, those are listed as well, e.g. "(with Michael Guy Bowman)"
- note that this doesn't include "contributors" who only provided a referenced track, since those are now stored in a list separate from the contributors list
- a new section for commentary
- a "jump to" paragraph at the top, to quickly scroll to any of the track/art/commentary sections
initial release of the website
- published on github with code under the GPL; hosted on hsmusic.github.io
- advertised exclusively on reddit
- (and maybe twitter but my account has long been deleted)
- an intro message which has since been moved to About & Credits
- a grid listing for the albums: all official releases, from Midnight Crew: Drawing Dead through Hiveswap Friendsim
- album name, release date, track listing, cover art & art credits
- solo albums also show their artist
- track name, release date, artists (musicians), cover art & art credits
- links to listen to the track too (and code to convert URLs into human-readable site names, e.g. "YouTube" or "Bandcamp" or "(External)")
- rudimentary leitmotif reference credits in the form of "Contributors" list
- contributors list also contains credited collaborators on the track, e.g. producers, vocalists
- name, track and art credits
- artist pages look quite different from today but serve the same purpose of listing their contributions
- here's an example
- credits are all in one numbered list; most are just the name of the track contributed to and the album it's from
- for tracks where an artist made a specific contribution, that's mentioned too, e.g. "Sburban Countdown (arrangement)"
- if a musician's contribution is simply a track which was referenced, the line for that contribution is slightly dim (it still contributes to the counter)